Kanchanaburi

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
larioboy
Rookie
Rookie

Kanchanaburi

Post by larioboy »

Any of you ever been to the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi?
Worth visiting?
Far to reach from HH?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Went there a couple of years ago, definately worth a visit. Kanjanaburi is about 3.5 hours by train from Hua Hin (around 2.5 if you drive yourself). The temple is about half hour away from Kan town. I did a trip report when I went, its a bit dated now though so prices would have proabably changed:

http://observergroup.net/ob81back/thismonth.htm
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HonoluluJimmy
Banned
Banned

NIce Trip

Post by HonoluluJimmy »

I do think a river tirp is nice as there are many fiords to view. I would say, based on the trip and traffic via BKK that on should overnight. there are a number of places but the one furthest up the river may be the best. I met up with some folks who stayed on the river boat/room and the fubs were awful!
I hear that All Kidda has declared war on Thailand. Shite, just the boozer blokes in from the counties in the fight could get off the piss a woop'em good!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: NIce Trip

Post by Norseman »

HonoluluJimmy wrote:I do think a river tirp is nice as there are many fiords to view.
I repeat my question HJ: What are you on?
Are you talking about the battleship Tirpitz?
It was sunk by the RAF in a Norwegian FJORD!!

There are no fjords in Kanchanaburi. Just a couple of rivers and a bridge.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.