Visa run on a Yellow bus to Mukdahan, actual arrival time?!

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
fpvguy
Amateur
Amateur

Visa run on a Yellow bus to Mukdahan, actual arrival time?!

Post by fpvguy »

Anyone done a visa run to Mukdahan with the YellowBus?! The time table says it arrives at 09:35, and, I believe, in Savannakhet, the visa can only be applied for till 11.00. Is it really possible/impossible to apply for a visa the same morning, or will I have to wait for the following day?!
Thanks!
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Visa run on a Yellow bus to Mukdahan, actual arrival tim

Post by Lung Per »

I don't know if you will make it on time, but you should consider this when in Thailand:

There is exact time, and then there is Thai time. Thai time is not an exact science, especially regarding busses and railways.
A friend is only one click away
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

Even if you arrive on time at Mukdahan bus station, you will certainly not make it to the consulate before 11.00, since you have to take a bus to the border, exit Thailand, enter Lao, and then about 3-4 km to the bus station, and Tuk-tuk to the consulate.

You must know that if you give your passport before 11.00, it will be returned only the following day from 14.00.

I have been to Savannakhet many times, last time in march 2013.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

prcscct wrote:Just FYI, if you do the Aranyaprathet/Poipet Cambodian crossing you can get all of it done relatively quickly up to the time both sides close, 7 days a week. Cambodian immigration office is steps across the border so you just walk around in a big circle to get all done. This is the way it was 2 years ago so assume the same. Pete :cheers:
Sorry, but the OP wants to make a new visa, not just a visa-run, and there is no consulate at Poipet...
Then, from Huahin, Ranong or Phu Nam Ron (new border near Kanchanaburi) are better options.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Gérard wrote:
prcscct wrote:Just FYI, if you do the Aranyaprathet/Poipet Cambodian crossing you can get all of it done relatively quickly up to the time both sides close, 7 days a week. Cambodian immigration office is steps across the border so you just walk around in a big circle to get all done. This is the way it was 2 years ago so assume the same. Pete :cheers:
Sorry, but the OP wants to make a new visa, not just a visa-run, and there is no consulate at Poipet...
Then, from Huahin, Ranong or Phu Nam Ron (new border near Kanchanaburi) are better options.

You're right, sorry. My eyes stopped at "visa run". Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JustAnotherUser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JustAnotherUser »

fpvguy wrote:Anyone done a visa run to Mukdahan with the YellowBus?! The time table says it arrives at 09:35, and, I believe, in Savannakhet, the visa can only be applied for till 11.00. Is it really possible/impossible to apply for a visa the same morning, or will I have to wait for the following day?!
Thanks!

On my trip using Yellow bus to Mukduhan (may 2014) we get there earlier then expected. Close to 7 am, and get first bus to Savannakhet (7:30 am). Even w all time at borders, u'll be at embassy at 9-10 am. Not sure, am i was just lucky with no traffic or fast driver, or its happens like that all time (people whom i talk before my trip also get to embassy same day).