new airport

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
kevars

new airport

Post by kevars »

after reading the threads and listening to a few friends whom have thai tv in uk , i understand that the new airport is due to open in 2006.....07 ....how do you locals think this will affect HH ? i know it will take longer to get to HH , do you think think this will open up the the airport in HH ? ferrys ?
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Will it really take longer to get to HH? The maps I have seen show the new airport about the same distance to the east of Bangkok as the current airport is to the north but I haven't checked the likely routes in detail.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Agree with you Jaime. Don't think it's a longer way to the new airport.
Should actually be a shorter way between HH and Suvarnabhumi Airport than between HH and Don Muang.
It's not so much a question of kilometers but time.
They are making new motorways, but how the airport traffic will influence all other local traffic in that area is difficult to see now. Totally seen, it's not that much traffic to and from Don Muang.
Might increase though. That's why they make a new airport.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jaime is right,

I can drive to the new airpoort site just as quickly as Don Muang. Additionally two new bridges are being constructed to cross the Chao Phraya. I do not know over their opening scheduls yet but I do know that the highway 9 to the Chao Phraya section has been open for some time.

When completed this should provide a non-stop (except for tolls) route from the new airport to Highway 35 making the journey time even shorter.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]