Driving from airport (Swampi) to Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Driving from airport (Swampi) to Hua Hin

Post by hhfarang »

So now the taxi driver tells YOU the price and not the staff working at the little desks at the airport. Do think think this will open up to some abuse by greedy taxi drivers? What about the language barrier when asking where to go...?
So where's the improvement?
Interesting to hear of others experiences..
Ginjaninja,

My last two trips back from the U.S. were between 26 and 36 hours door to door and I can't sleep on airplanes so it is great to see a driver waiting at the meeting point outside immigration with your name on a placcard, and who immediately takes care of you and your luggage. The drivers are safe and accommodating in my experience and I can't imagine using anything else now after one of those long exhausting trips. It's 2600 baht and booking is easy as they are a forum sponsor...

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-taxi.htm
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

What are folks paying for the airport taxis to Hua Hin now?
Last time I used them (a few months ago) they were asking for >3,000thb. I know I can arrange a driver to pick me up for around 2,000thb but curious to know if others are being asked for the same amount.
:cheers:
GN.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We came in last week and needed a large van. 2,500 baht
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Can try this one if you need ! They have car in Bkk !
Attachments
airport taxi.jpg
airport taxi.jpg (56.3 KiB) Viewed 493 times