Driver for airport transfer

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Driver for airport transfer

Post by Takiap »

Mr. Aood........0838416619

A wonderful elderly guy that drives carefully, but a bit too slow sometimes. Only problem is he doesn't speak English.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

usual suspect wrote:Sorry to upset you folk with my general comment about Fortuner drivers...but every time I drive to Issan & back there's always 2 forms of vehicle that stand out for being driven by arrogant t***s...& one of them is mini-buses...& you lot know this.
Well I've never driven to Issan, but around Hua Hin I see pretty much every type of vehicle in the described manner!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We have used Mr Toom over the last few years, and sung his praises, and referred him when asked about drivers.

Last November we went to contact him, and it was difficult, but he showed up when needed (airport to Tha Yang, and back 3 weeks later)

This year, again difficult to contact, the phone number rang through to someone saying they do not know Mr Toom, yet eventually got an answer on my wife's line account (after three tries). Pick up at the airport was smooth.

Arranged for pickup yesterday for Tha Yang to BKK at 4:00pm. Our schedule changed, and after 4 line requests asking to change the time to 2:00pm got a response saying "confirmed, thanks"

Well 2:00 came and nothing. Tried to call only, again, getting someone saying they do not know Mr Toom. Sent 5 line requests, no answer. Sent e-mail, nothing.

Now if we could get hold of him, and he would say it was a mistake, and the driver was showing up at 4:00pm, we could deal with it, but considering we had a confirmation we assumed the worst, that there would be no pickup.

Luckily my BIL knew a driver and contacted him. Due to the last minute he showed up at 4, at the same time as, you guessed it, Mr Toom's driver. We explained the situation to Mr Toom's driver, who took it well.

It's been almost 24 hours and nothing from Mr Toom. I wasn't sure if we would hear from him complaining, or apologizing, but sure we would hear something.

Anyway since I referred him in the past wanted to let everyone know about the declining quality of his services. If we had a plane to catch, it could have been a real problem.

So will have to find someone new when we return in mid October
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hollygirl
Novice
Novice

Post by hollygirl »

His name is Khun Jeng and his phone # is 0624024626. He speaks very little English..but a wonderful driver.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

migrant wrote:We have used Mr Toom over the last few years, and sung his praises, and referred him when asked about drivers.

Last November we went to contact him, and it was difficult, but he showed up when needed (airport to Tha Yang, and back 3 weeks later)

This year, again difficult to contact, the phone number rang through to someone saying they do not know Mr Toom, yet eventually got an answer on my wife's line account (after three tries). Pick up at the airport was smooth.

Arranged for pickup yesterday for Tha Yang to BKK at 4:00pm. Our schedule changed, and after 4 line requests asking to change the time to 2:00pm got a response saying "confirmed, thanks"

Well 2:00 came and nothing. Tried to call only, again, getting someone saying they do not know Mr Toom. Sent 5 line requests, no answer. Sent e-mail, nothing.

Now if we could get hold of him, and he would say it was a mistake, and the driver was showing up at 4:00pm, we could deal with it, but considering we had a confirmation we assumed the worst, that there would be no pickup.

Luckily my BIL knew a driver and contacted him. Due to the last minute he showed up at 4, at the same time as, you guessed it, Mr Toom's driver. We explained the situation to Mr Toom's driver, who took it well.

It's been almost 24 hours and nothing from Mr Toom. I wasn't sure if we would hear from him complaining, or apologizing, but sure we would hear something.

Anyway since I referred him in the past wanted to let everyone know about the declining quality of his services. If we had a plane to catch, it could have been a real problem.

So will have to find someone new when we return in mid October
Mr Toom has sent a line message apologizing, citing problems on his end, but at least acknowledging
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Is there anyone who recently have used a private transfer (taxi) to Suvarnabhumi from Hua Hin and can recommend a driver?

Thank you
hahuahin
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

We have used Bour - [Admin edit: link removed, we have our own taxi services so are not in the business of linking to others.] Ph 819955563., many times without any issues. Always on time and hassle free.
They use a late model Camry or similar.
Cost is 2200bht from airport and 2000bht from Hua Hin.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Absolutely agree with buksida. We used taxihuahin in November - good transfers, good driver, clean car and paid 2000 each way.

Will be using them again in March - thoroughly recommended.
If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
mrco

Post by mrco »

PeteB wrote:Absolutely agree with buksida. We used taxihuahin in November - good transfers, good driver, clean car and paid 2000 each way.

Will be using them again in March - thoroughly recommended.
It says 2600 on their webpage. Did you pay only 2000?

// mrco
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^ seriously suggest that you phone them to book the time and check the price. Internet prices for good and services in the LOS are always higher online. Phone them for a surprise discount, it's normal.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Hi mrco

Rate : BANGKOK TO HUA HIN
ONE WAY : 2,200 THB
ROUNDTRIP : 4,000 THB

Strange though the link I have is [Admin edit: link removed, we have our own taxi services so are not in the business of linking to others.] - must be a different service

/Peter
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Apologies mrco

Unfortunately I have inadvertently sinned by providing details of inexpensive taxi transfer

I did not mean to contravene any of Ts & CS. I had better not recommend any restaurants or properties, I suppose.

[Admin clarification: details are fine, just no links - recommendations are also fine, just no links to competing services or real estate sites. Questioning Admin edits - against T&C, please stick to PM if you have issues.]