Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service news and updates

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: Govt plans Pattaya - Hua Hin/Cha-am ferry link

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you for that hhinner. :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

According to this page the company in question was registered on 3rd June this year and its address is in Banglamung. Other details, including the company's web site, are only available to members of the registration site.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The Bangkok Post has the following in English. The ferry shown in a photo on one of the other links has what appears to be a Seatran emblem on it.
....................................................................................................

Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -years-day

A privately-run ferry service from Pattaya to Hua Hin is expected to start operations on Jan 1, the Marine Department says, but the ride will be initially limited to a daily round-trip and cater only to passengers, not vehicles.

The service, operated by Royal Passenger Liner Co, is being implemented as the first phrase of the government’s East-West Ferry Project to accommodate tourism and logistic activities between the resort towns of Pattaya in Chon Buri province and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Aha! A private venture. 'The only company to apply'. I wonder why! Gives the government a get-out of the main project when this one fails at no expense to themselves.

Clever, and no 'loss of face'.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

As the statement states it will be Pattaya Satahip to Cha Am Hua Hin the first ferry may not be docking in Pranburi, the report clearly states Pranburi will be later when the port is deepened. In reality it may be possible for this smaller ferry to dock at the new Hua Hin Jetty or the existing Cha Am Jetty.

Plus the environmental impact assessment will be conducted later, so obviously all the normal processes are being by passed to get this going.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Any mention of where the terminals will be on each side?

One of the earlier proposals started with Pranburi then moved to an unknown (to me) location about a 40-minute ride north of central HH.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ Not to worry.

It's all a bunch of hocus pocus anyway.

Cheers!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Have to wait and see about where the terminals will be so far no mention but it will not be Pranburi for a long time,
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ferry linking top tourist towns in Thailand to open on new year's day
Ferry services from Thailand's two top tourist destinations will be available from January 1, 2017, onward as a new year's gift for tourists in Thailand, the marine department confirmed to dpa on Monday.

The private services will take passengers between Pattaya, 150 kilometres south-east of Bangkok and Hua Hin, 200 kilometres south-west of the capital.

The ferry service will shorten the travel time of five hours on the road between Pattaya and Hua Hin, to only two hours, the marine department said.

The service is the first phase of the government's east-west project linking both sides of the Gulf of Thailand. It will take only passengers, not cars.

The ferry has the maximum capacity of 150 passengers, with a possibility of a bigger ferry carrying as many as 260 passengers expected in the future, according to the marine department.

In August, the marine department told reporters a government-run full ferry service between Pattaya and Hua Hin wouldn't be up and running until 2020, as new ports need to be constructed.

However, the department also called for private operators to bid for the service, and since the company selected for the project already had piers ready on both sides of the Gulf, operations can begin as early as January 1.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/br ... s/30299959
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I guess the question of the day is what piers are ready on both sides of the gulf? Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If it's only a passenger service, the just need somewhere where the water is always deep enough, and they can plonk a gang plank onto the side - nothing too special initially.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As stated, the government run ferry service won't be running until 2020 as originally planned. This is a private venture which I'm sure the government will monitor closely before they put their hands in their pockets.

As I said, this will be used as part of a feasibility at no cost to the government!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You mean in true Thai style, they'll watch to see if it's successful. If it is, they'll start an identical ferry service next door :?

Personally, I'm already planning a holiday using the ferry next April, if it's still running by then. If not, the initial journey will be via the Airport Bus.

Points 41; Position 18
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I hjpe to use the service that is presently running between Pattaya and
Hua Hin. I have done the mini bus stuff too much and feel very lucky to still
be alive and not all banged up.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote:As stated, the government run ferry service won't be running until 2020 as originally planned. This is a private venture which I'm sure the government will monitor closely before they put their hands in their pockets.

As I said, this will be used as part of a feasibility at no cost to the government!
hopefully this will remain a private enterprise. I don't want the govt. messing up another business and charging the taxpayers for the govt's. incompetency. :oops: