Hua Hin to Ranong

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Dianachris

Hua Hin to Ranong

Post by Dianachris »

Hi Folks..does anyone know if I can get a bus ,preferably VIP,or if not the blue and white ones,from HH to Rangon? I can only see BK to Rangon on a link 12go Asia and am hoping this stops at Hua Hin. Trying to plan a December trip.Thanks.
buksida

Re: Hua Hin to Rangon.

Post by buksida »

If you're talking about Ranong, yes you can pick up busses in Hua Hin that are heading south, they usually stop at Chumphon where you have to change.

If you mean Rangoon (Yangon, Burma) the only way to get there is via Bangkok.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Both 1st & 2nd class buses to Ranong come thru' H.H. during the daytime.
There are 1st class & 24-seat VIP buses leaving H.H. around 10pm each evening (arriving in Ranong about 6am)..
..this info is if indeed you mean 'Ranong' & not Rangoon.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Rangoon, Burma?
I don't think there are any scheduled buses that regularly run between Hua Hin and Rangoon, Burma.
Dianachris

Post by Dianachris »

Ooops Ranong, yes thanks very much!!!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

So then Dianachris...IF you intend taking the VIP bus down there..it is a 'Transport Co.' bus & needs to be booked at least 1 day in advance at the Hua Hin (southern) bus station.
As I mentioned earlier..to the best of my knowlege it comes into H.H. around 10pm (as does the blue/white 1st class bus)..& arrives around 6 am with a half hr stop on the way down.
If you've never been before check out the reports on Ranong here on the forum..each report has pics too.
(not sure if these reports are in this section from a coupla yrs back)... :cheers:
Dianachris

Re: Hua Hin to Ranong. (Mod Edited)

Post by Dianachris »

thanks usual suspect!! I,ve tried to find Ranong and pics but can only see loads of comments to trawl through...We hope to spend a couple of days there mooching round , go to Payam for a couple of nights and then back to Hua Hin,to pick up our luggage,for the dreaded return to Manchester!!
buksida

Re: Hua Hin to Ranong. (Mod Edited)

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson