Travel by bus around Hua Hin?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Glorifindal
Rookie
Rookie

Travel by bus around Hua Hin?

Post by Glorifindal »

Hi there forum,

greetings from Scotland… it was great to find a forum dedicated to Hua Hin.

I'm moving to Hua Hin early September and will most likely enrol in the Langauge Centre to learn some Thai.

My question is : Are there regular buses that travel up and down the Phetkassem Road ? We will live at one end of the road, and the school is at the other end / side of town.

I'm well used to scottish bus - so not expecting anything grand or on time :-)

Any hints treaty appreciated

Kindest

Glorifindal
buksida

Re: Travel per bus or…?

Post by buksida »

Welcome aboard, there are songtaews that ply the main road, more info here: http://www.tourismhuahin.com/getting-around-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Glorifindal
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Travel by bus around Hua Hin?

Post by Glorifindal »

Thanks for the reply ...
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Travel by bus around Hua Hin?

Post by JamesWest »

you should have no problem traveling on the main routes on the Songtaews. Of course if you live far from one of the routes you may have to walk or call a motorbike taxi.

The Songtaews can be completely full during high season. Packed with tourists hanging off the back. And sometimes standing around in the blazing heat waiting even 10 minutes for the next one can be a drag. If you can do it, buying a scooter is super cheap transportation. Don't forget all transportion here is dangerous.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.