Visiting Bali

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
buksida

Re: Visiting Bali

Post by buksida »

Anyone been to Candidasa?

The idea being to have a few days there, then take the fast boat to Gili Trawangan and arrange to climb Rinjani from there.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Skmly
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skmly »

Not an awful lot there the last time I visited. Have a look at the web. Maybe it's a lot better than it was. Just seemed to be another port town.

The islands are far more inviting

Enjoy
When you are dead,you don't know you are dead,it is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid!
buksida

Post by buksida »

We wanted somewhere quiet away from the hoards and traffic as we'll be renting bikes to explore the rest of Bali.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

....as we'll be renting bikes to explore the rest of Bali.
I remember having to dodge monkeys on the road from the Gilimanuk ferry to Kuta, so watch out for them if you're on a bike! (I worked in Surabuya, Java for a year and Bali was drivable for a long weekend.)
Georgegult
Novice
Novice

Visiting Bali

Post by Georgegult »

i am thinking of going Bali this year end as well, do give me some feedback when you return...
buksida

Post by buksida »

Plenty of feedback here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32169