travel; trat to hua hin?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
fogem
Novice
Novice

travel; trat to hua hin?

Post by fogem »

gd evening expat experts, november this year, will be looking at trip from trat to hua hin. will be staying in hua hin for approx. 3/4 nights. best and quickest way to get to hua hin please. fogem, australia. :cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

There aren't that many options to be honest, so I would suggest fly from Trat to Bangkok and then taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin; itis the most expensive option but definitely the quickest and easiest. A word of warning though - make sure you book your flight well in advance as they aren't that frequent and I have found they are often full. You can get more details and book online here.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I wonder if you went down to the Trat piers and tried to book one of those medium size squid fishing trawlers, how much he would charge for a cross gulf trip to HH? I imagine it would take the best part of 18-20 hours? Not the fastest but maybe fun if you like the sea. I do remember a person who did it from Pattaya. Left in the evening and arrived in the morning. I think the vessel could only do about 10-12 knots. Pete
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Petes idea is worth a try. Wanderlust's is expensive and will not save you much time.

My sugestion. Get the bus from Trat to Eckamai. Get on the sky train to Victory monument and get the minibus to Hua Hin. Total time about eight hours plus.but cheap (around 700 baht) and little hassle.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
fogem
Novice
Novice

trat to hua hin, replies.

Post by fogem »

thank you gents for the suggestions. pete, i actually did think of your idea and might ask questions whilst in trat. once again, thanks all. fogem :cheers: