Koh Lanta

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Koh Lanta

Post by Dannie Boy »

Has anybody stayed at the island Koh Lanta which is about 100 Kim’s south of Krabi? My son and his wife are visiting us next year and fancy combining it with a beach getaway and have found this as an alternative to the more popular Phuket or Koh Samui. Cheers.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Koh Lanta

Post by dtaai-maai »

I've never been, but a friend of mine goes regularly and loves it. Can't give you any more info than that, I'm afraid.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

Last time I was there was in 2005 - much will have changed since then but here is the trip report anyway: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2606
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:35 pm Last time I was there was in 2005 - much will have changed since then but here is the trip report anyway: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2606
Thanks buks- even though it will have changed over the past 12-13 years, I would imagine it’s still far less busy than nearby Phuket - also thanks to D-M for his reply.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Koh Lanta figured prominently in the 2004 tsunami. An entire new place since then no doubt.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I have been before tsunami, can advise.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

I have been several times although not recently. It is very popular with the Swedes and there are a lot of them there. It is very much a beach life and five years ago it was still a quiet place outside the main town.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

moja wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 am I have been several times although not recently. It is very popular with the Swedes and there are a lot of them there. It is very much a beach life and five years ago it was still a quiet place outside the main town.
Thanks - seems like a good place to go for nice beaches, clear water and not too many people