Do the Blue Buses Still run Hua Hin/Bangkok

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Do the Blue Buses Still run Hua Hin/Bangkok

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm
NOKYAI wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.
HaHa, I used to use that one a lot, years ago. I completely forget about it these days with the bigger seated airport and Sombat options. It didn't even cross my mind. Where do they run from in Hua Hin these days?
I know I'm off subject, but please, where in Hua Hin do these buses run from please? I haven't seen them for a few years - they could provide a great option when I want to go to Bangkok to watch football.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Bubba1

Re: How to get from Don Muang Airport (DMK) to Hua Hin

Post by Bubba1 »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:27 am
Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm
NOKYAI wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.
HaHa, I used to use that one a lot, years ago. I completely forget about it these days with the bigger seated airport and Sombat options. It didn't even cross my mind. Where do they run from in Hua Hin these days?
I know I'm off subject, but please, where in Hua Hin do these buses run from please? I haven't seen them for a few years - they could provide a great option when I want to go to Bangkok to watch football.
I am out and about every day and never see these buses. Only sombat tour.

http://www.tourismhuahin.com/busses-huahin.php
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Bubba1 wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:27 am
Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm HaHa, I used to use that one a lot, years ago. I completely forget about it these days with the bigger seated airport and Sombat options. It didn't even cross my mind. Where do they run from in Hua Hin these days?
I am out and about every day and never see these buses. Only sombat tour.

That web page is hopelessly out of date. The buses do still stop at the same place they always have in Sra Song Road, but there are barely any in the afternoon (see earlier posts). In the afternoon it's better to get the Sombat Tours bus from the bus station at Soi 96/1 (?), booking may be required.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm confused - do the blue busses still run? If so, where do they stop in Hua Hin please? I've often passed Pranburi - Bangkok. Are these the buses?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Do the Blue Buses Still run Hua Hin/Bangkok

Post by Pleng »

Last time I caught the Blue Bus from Hua-Hin was about a year ago and it went from the road that cuts the nightmarket in half.

I caught one back to Hua Hin from Bangkok a couple of months ago and I'm pretty sure it stopped there, too. But as it happens they took me all the way to my apartment as I gather it was heading on to Pranburi from there and my apartment was en route.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Are these the blue busses you're referring to?

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you Pleng, that's where they used to go from - I guess I've just not passed when they were there. Pranburi fits in with the buses I've passed on the motorway.

Yes Pete, they are the ones, but that site is a bit outdated. I don't know how reliable it is these days.

Points 48; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

PeteC wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm Are these the blue busses you're referring to?

They are the ones I have used when I have had an early flight to the U.K. I used to get one at 3 am. To Southern bus station and then taxi ( I usually found someone to share) to the airport.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Way back when the blue bus service nationwide was started by the Gov to assure all of the population had a way to get to and from Bangkok. Before them were the orange busses with wooden floors and sometimes sides! :shock:

My guess is the blues are still heavily subsidized. No chance of them stopping service to anywhere, just schedule adjustments from time to time IMO. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, my problem is I knew where they used to run from, and that's a brilliant timetable, but I haven't seen a bus on Sra Song road for quite some time. I guess they still go from the same place - I'll wander over there to see if I can get their current timetable.

Points 48; Position 18
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Where is the station for these buses? Can someone give me a map I'll go check it out firsthand and report back. I don't know where sra song road is.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It’s the road that runs behind the old shopping mall, parallel to Petkassam Rd. Bus stop/ ticket office is on your Left heading North.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 pm I'll wander over there to see if I can get their current timetable.
Really ?????????????????????????????
Pagey wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 pm Co - incidentally I am looking at options to go to Bkk on Saturday am other than minivan so I went to the desk on Sa Song Road this am. On the counter they have a card detailing departures from HH - 3.00 am, 10.00, 12.00, 16.00, 21.00.

3 hours 155 Baht. I asked about return times from Bkk and she wrote down for me: 11.30 am, 14.00, 16.00, 22.30.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Look at the below map. You can see Sra Song road on the left of it. Look for the "Night Market" name with the red coloured star. You'll see the bus place right beneath that. Pete :cheers:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: It's a long time since I've seen that map Pete. Definitely one from the depths of time :D

I remember catching the blue bus yonks ago at the Blue Bus Station marked near the crazy roundabout, which wasn't so crazy back in those days.

[Edit] Does anybody know what date that map is? I've found it fascinating looking around it, and the changes. Of particular note is the area where Baan Kun Por is these days.

Points 48; Position 18