Voranai another good article

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Voranai another good article

Post by Pleng »

m_right wrote: I started to refuse to vote a long time ago. I was tempted with Obama but fortunately I can proudly say I didn't fall into the trap. He is the perfect example of why I stopped in the first place.
Trouble is, if enough people refuse to vote for the two main parties of clowns then they end up giving the extremists the chance to seize the initiative.
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

"We're all living proof nothing lasts" - Jay Farrar
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

One of the problems of a country with an unstable govt is thaat the government departments are unsupervised. Who knows what immigration is cooking up.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another good article - why doesn't somebody try to persuade Voranai to stand for election?
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

buksida

Post by buksida »

Good article, though a little contradictory this one. He's calling protestors "emotional retards" today but in other articles advocates protesting and people power to remove corrupt and self-serving governments/politicians.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

buksida wrote:Good article, though a little contradictory this one. He's calling protestors "emotional retards" today but in other articles advocates protesting and people power to remove corrupt and self-serving governments/politicians.
Valid point. I was going to quote one paragraph in reply and ran into the Post's 'editorial policy', :banghead: and got so pissed off I'll probably stop posting any links to the Bangkok Post. It's been banned elsewhere. Why should I post links to a newspaper that considers 'fair use' to be 36 words or less?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! "Hey, I got a great idea! :idea: Let's piss off all the English speakers and readers who may post links to our website!"
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It seems that if you are democratically elected, you can do no wrong and will never admit to any wrong.
That happens the world over but the whole idea of democracy is that you can only get away with it until the next election, unless the opposition decides to sabotage it by not standing!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thaksin's real war

Suthep Thaugsuban could give up, move back to Surat Thani and become a rubber farmer. He could tell his supporters to go home and let there be a general election come the month of June. There could be peace by tomorrow. But that’s not realistic, is it? He’s winning, so of course he’s not going to give up.

However there’s another scenario on how this political crisis could end, based on the reality of how situations have developed. Mind you, we’re talking about ending the current battle, not the war.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opin ... n-real-war

I think most of us with an interest in this know who he is talking about ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, that pretty much sums things up and also shows why Sutheps 'reforms' will be nothing more than positioning himself and his cronies to be in the driving seat on the big day and little to do with righting any wrongs.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Remind me again - when are Suthep and Abhisit due in court to face murder charges?
Talk is cheap
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

caller wrote:Remind me again - when are Suthep and Abhisit due in court to face murder charges?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... -crackdown
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

What's happened to Voranai? Not seen or heard from him for a while
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

^
Flew too close to the sun
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon