The odd man out?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Farang
Ace
Ace

The odd man out?

Post by Farang »

'
Asians everywhere seem all to be very avid match-makers. They seem to take great pity on the single guy.
It’s incomprehensible to them that someone - particularly an able-bodied male - would be on his own
and enjoy it, to boot. No amount of telling them one actually enjoys living alone in a villa convinces them.
No, they all know “a good lady looking for a good man”

Do you guys share this experience?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Happened to me quite often in China. I was in my late 20's and not married. The Chinese just couldn't understand that. In the end I started telling them that I was married. It was easier that way.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Funnily enough, I've sometimes had the opposite.
Used to go down to Sungai Kolok regularly for my visa and spend a night there. Would always take a stroll around the "wild west" bar area. Although I wasn't married at the time, I did wear a wedding ring.
No amount of telling the ladies that I was a married man would dent their enthiasm.
A slightly different situation, I know, but sometimes they won't leave you alone no matter what your marital status :shock: