Have you decided to leave Thailand and/or Hua Hin?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

Have you decided to leave Thailand and/or Hua Hin?

Leave Thailand completely
53%
Leave Hua Hin for another location within Thailand
47%

Total votes: 19

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Have you decided to leave Thailand and/or Hua Hin?

Post by oakdale160 »

And now we have another factor not yet discussed. If the present instability should degenerate into an armed conflict, how many expat residents would head for the exits.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Provocotive post, should be here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25180
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

I will go back to Europe end of May to escape 3 months of the rain season, as I have done for the last 13 years, and will be back as usual end of August.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Gérard wrote:I will go back to Europe end of May to escape 3 months of the rain season, as I have done for the last 13 years, and will be back as usual end of August.

My Thai wife and I actually discussed this yesterday night at dinner - the weather in my home country can be very good in June - Sept.
I dont think a plan is needed, some years one goes, some not, depending on the weather in both countries and other circumstances. I foresee renting out what I have got here, but if/when there is change - over of rentees, I can chip in 2 - 3 months. Over time family and friends on this side also change - thinning out with age.

Many seem to advocate your idea.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

But June, July and August are not rainy season months in Hua Hin. September and October are the wettest. May and November are the next wettest. Get some thunderstorms June to August but not too many. But most of Europe does have a lovely summer.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

heartofmidlothian wrote:But June, July and August are not rainy season months in Hua Hin. September and October are the wettest. May and November are the next wettest. Get some thunderstorms June to August but not too many. But most of Europe does have a lovely summer.
My wife and I married in May, during torrential rain. It was explained to me that this was a good omen, as rain is good for the crops
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.