relationship with thai women

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
ebone
Novice
Novice

Post by ebone »

i have fallen in love with a 44y old thai lady .but hat to go back to australia now about to come for a visit in april but like to stay in hh.the married law is but stiff for a pensioner so must look for other way.anybody from hh has any suggesting what i could do ? there is another piont i trust that women but every time i see her on cam and the shedows under her eyes make me think.but she say i do not know thai women you my first and last man ,it looks she das mean it ok
ok i her talk old man joung women in hh now i'm 71 the lady i love is 44y i'm lucky anought to live in hh yet but will visit in april to find out . so not all fagan like someone try to make out are bad.
Len
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Len »

Do you really want the stress ? ? ?
Go hard or go home . . .
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

ebone - it is a little difficult to understand your post as regards your question on visas/ability to stay in Thailand. I assume the rules are the same for Australia (if that is where you are from, not just staying there) as for most places, so I think the best thing for you to do initially is get a multiple entry tourist visa (2 entries would allow 6 months stay in Thailand with one visa run and 2 1-month extensions required, and every additional entry on the visa giving another 3 months, although I think the maximum allowed is 4 as visas themselves normally are only valid for 12 months from date of issue). This would allow you time to find out more about your lady as well as deciding if HH/Thailand really is the place for you. If you really are determined to marry, the best advice I can give is to marry in Thailand only(not in your own country), and then apply for a multiple entry non immigrant 'O' visa on the basis of marriage, but you would have to do this outside of Thailand. On it's own this allows for a stay of up to 15 months (with 4 visa runs), but with this type of visa, you can apply for an extension which allows you to stay virtually permanently in Thailand, as long as you meet certain requirements, the major one being either a monthly income into a Thai bank over a certain amount or a lump sum of a certain amount kept in a Thai bank, or a suitable combination of the two. At your age though a retirement visa would be easier as the requirements are not so stringent as far as I know. You should really contact your nearest Thai Embassy or consulate though to find out the current situation and prices. Unless you have some desperate need to leave Australia permanently I would advise the tourist visa route initially though.

You don't say in your post how many times or how long you have stayed in Thailand before, but I am assuming not many times and not long (if I am wrong then please excuse me). If I am right then you should be cautious about your budding romance - it is possible your lady is as wonderful as you think she is, but there have been many bad experiences for many foriegners with Thai ladies in the past (and equally the other way) caused by many things, but most often by cultural and communication problems, and sometimes by outright lying (sometimes described as 'face saving'). Thai people will 'lie' more easily in order to avoid confrontation and it appears to be an accepted part of the Thai way of life for many; it is quite a difficult thing to come to terms with and is the main reason that so many expats are a tad cynical! We can't tell you what to do but just be careful. And keep coming on here to talk to us. And good luck!
ebone
Novice
Novice

Post by ebone »

thanks guys sorry i'm not so clear , but i have no worry about her to lei about,first she 43y and sec. i shool teacher we have meet bevore in bkk.talking on the net for 1 year i decite to come meet her in bkk and she come up from hh ok.but only on shool holydays. so it developt in something mor then 1st man 1st love 1st date ok now we would like to live togther in her house in hh .but thai married laws from the 15bc so have to work out some thing for the april shool holydays to stay not go back bit hard my age ? no,. im only 71 y on paper but not mind body and soul . it is only the visa part and her nebore will say not married and live togther. but i think of the engagement rule you officely to get married later :wink:
ok i her talk old man joung women in hh now i'm 71 the lady i love is 44y i'm lucky anought to live in hh yet but will visit in april to find out . so not all fagan like someone try to make out are bad.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

now we would like to live togther in her house in hh .but thai married laws from the 15bc so have to work out some thing for the april shool holydays to stay not go back
and
it is only the visa part and her nebore will say not married and live togther. but i think of the engagement rule you officely to get married later
Sorry ebone but I really do not understand what you are saying here. What are these thai married laws and engagement rule you are talking about? What does 15bc mean? Is the thing about the April school holidays to do with your work? And what does her neighbour (I assume that is what you mean) have to do with it? There are no laws in Thailand saying that you cannot live together unmarried, only the possible social stigma for your lady. I'm afraid you will have to be a little clearer for us to be able to offer advice.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

ebone,

I sugest that your learn to read and write in Thai or English, which the second language here. Maybe then people can help to answer your questions.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: relationship with thai women

Post by Norseman »

ebone wrote:
but thai married laws from the 15bc so have to work out some thing for the april shool holydays to stay not go back bit hard my age ?

Are you trying to say that somebody told you that the thai marriage laws are more than 2020 or 3500 years old?
From year 15 or 1500 before Christ?

to work out some thing for the april shool holydays to stay not go back bit hard my age ? no

If you talk about the school holidays in Thailand then it starts end of March and ends medio May.
That is the time you want to settle down in Thailand, for good?

it is only the visa part and her nebore will say not married and live togther. but i think of the engagement rule you officely to get married later

Yes, as Wanderlust explained you indeed need a visa.
Forget about her neighbour. You can live with your girlfriend for the rest of your life without marriage.
You don't have to marry her to stay in Thailand.

Are you living in Australia?
You say your location is australia 62 71.

If this is your longitude and latitude then you're in the middle of Russia.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

To be eligible for a "marriage visa", you must actually be married! Ie, you have a marriage certificate issued by the relevant authorities. I'm not aware of any "engagement" visa here. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with a "fiance" visa so your g/f can visit your country? The best you can hope for is a tourist visa, as has already been stated. (Unless you know of a friendly consulate).
The financial requirements for a retirement visa are harsher than for a marriage visa.
Quite what your neighbour has to do with it all, as long as your paperwork is in order, is beyond me.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

‘
e-boner, I hope you’re reading this. Not that it’ll do you any good.

I submit that all of us having stayed in Thailand for a while are now thinking:

1) Oh-oh, another one arrives and will bite the dust. No matter what we do.
2) This guy is talking to a 44-year old Thai lady conversant in the Net, in King’s English and doing the web cam thing.
She really must be a battle-hardened war steed as few nice Thai ladies of 44 speak English, much less are comfortable
with the web cam. He’s being had but there’s no polite way to tell him that.
3) This guy writes such poor English he’ll not be able to read my Letter of Caution, so I might just as well not write him one.
(this matter will, of course, be borne out by the numerous private messages and letters you never received. Q.E.D.
I mean, how many Letters of Caution you actually did receive?)

Some of years ere here in HH there was another septuagenarian - later referred to as “the other foolâ€
ebone
Novice
Novice

what a lot of

Post by ebone »

i lika to meet you in april i get to hh,you must have some reall proplem the piont is i kmow my women inside out ,you seam not have that expertise to analyse people character what i have after 71years of age ok.you forgiven for a bad statement. the shool she is teaching in has holydays in october i bee in bkk with her and in april mybe you not know that shool as it is 20km out of town for my english to bad kids of today in shool are not better,but i see you could read it anyway. so thanks for the help about visa that what dit need the rest is no proplem at all. ps you should learn how to judge people s character. thank's to all alfie
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

ebone,

If you are indeed, genuine, perhaps you could let us all know what your first language is. Then it would be possible to direct your questions to someone who is familiar with your language.

What you are writing makes little sense whatsoever. Even intelectuals like Norseman are stuggling to understand you.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
ebone
Novice
Novice

ok to make me clear

Post by ebone »

i was borne i austria got to australia i21tear old never learnt english just pic it up from poeple along the way. am i clear so far ?what i was talking about was some of your man run down the women of the country you recon you are born in ok no it das not metter they realy cove the man or just play with them women to that all over the world if they can. ok now it got in my nose the coment like i be another farang idiot thinking the women i with loves me but i be anther looser . well i like to tell you there a lot of nice ladys in hh you my not get to know them hanging around i n bars. ok hope to made my self vlear this tim ebone :D
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

'
Verily!

No one born in Austria and having lived in Australia (note the spelling: Australia, not Austria)
all of the 50 years can speak English, much less write it. He's genuine.

G´day, mate!
ebone
Novice
Novice

how ya gon mat?

Post by ebone »

not much help to me but.mybe see ya in april if from here the south westoz have a good day