Married vs Single

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Married vs Single

Post by migrant »

J.J.B. wrote:I'm married for the second time, having said after my divorce that I would never get married again. It has taught me never to say 'never', again, and also that I learned more about myself in my first marriage than probably anything else. Some pretty tough lessons for the most part.

My wife now also happens to be my best friend and she's a saint to put up with some of my s**t. I know many second time around couples who are very happy and, apparently, you never leave your second wife.

Oops, there I go saying 'never' again!

Wow, same, same! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

well married was nice but in the end it was not very nice and I like single its safe and if I need a friend I perfer to have a rental with no contract. :naughty:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

If people want to stay together and it's right for them they will - regardless of some bit of paper.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
yankee99
Novice
Novice

Post by yankee99 »

No matter your status as long as your happy.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

And remember, either way------- YOU ALWAYS PAY FOR SEX
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

If a marriage is purely based on sex (i.e. having it) and looks, then it doesn't have longevity, as both change over a period of time. Mr.VS went back to the UK last Christmas to spend time with his mum. He was only away 10 days, but during that time I realised how important companionship is in a relationship. Just someone to watch a TV programme with, to chat with, to take the mickey out of, and generally have fun with. The prospect of living alone scares me, but perhaps it's because I'm a female and I feel I need my night in shining armour to protect me. Maybe it's different for men...?

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Can I change 'night' to 'knight'? :oops: The thought of spending a night in shining armour doesn't sound very comfortable. :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Silly VS, I hadn't noticed that - we don't do we - now I did, it read's quite funny! Could be a bit hot though.
Talk is cheap
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Vital Spark wrote:If a marriage is purely based on sex (i.e. having it) and looks, then it doesn't have longevity, as both change over a period of time. Mr.VS went back to the UK last Christmas to spend time with his mum. He was only away 10 days, but during that time I realised how important companionship is in a relationship. Just someone to watch a TV programme with, to chat with, to take the mickey out of, and generally have fun with. The prospect of living alone scares me, but perhaps it's because I'm a female and I feel I need my night in shining armour to protect me. Maybe it's different for men...?

VS
I don't think it is that different for men in this respect.

When I courted Thai women to find a wife (I had decided to find a Thai wife - and this was a project, not about incidentally falling in love - which I did eventually) there was talk about finding a "soulmate". I really like that expression - it captures the essence of living together, marriage or partnership.

Men are not monogameous by genetic predisposition, so sex has nothing to do with marriage. As I write this my wife sits next to me, looking at internet television - the goings on by the mob, Suthep and yingluck in BKK, we just had dinner and I love her presence next to me.

One thing Thai women have got right: I never once experienced "no" to sex in 10 years of marriage. Maybe that helps.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I never once experienced "no" to sex in 10 years of marriage.
I've experienced it... but it was ME saying it. :oops:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?