What are Thai political parties policies towards foreigners

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: What are Thai political parties policies towards foreign

Post by Chromeman »

hhfarang wrote:Richard, you can make that argument about almost every country in the world except maybe a few in the middle east if you go back far enough in history.
A little further back in time we are all back in Africa according to the most prevailing scientific theory about our origins.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

I think that many in Thailand would be just as happy if we just wired out money in and stayed away as we muddy the waters of Thailand with our abstract thinking. As for politics I think there is a trend in this thinking. We love your money but we want you to leave us to our issues and problems and we do not need any help as we can sort this out just send baht for now.
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Lung Per wrote:I read some time ago that Suthep Bangtsuban - who is now trying to make a revolt in Bangkok - wants all foreigners (farangs?) out of Thailand. Mussolini said the same about foreigners in Italy.
I remember Suthep saying "I don't respect farangs" to a reporter on live television when he was Deputy Prime Minister.
If the Vice President of the U.S. said "I don't respect foreigners" on live television there would be massive riots in every major city in the U.S.