Retirement in Thailand (Hua Hin area)

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

Re: Retirement in Thailand (Hua Hin area)

Post by PeteC »

Body surfing I think you'll only find on the Andaman side (Phuket). There are waves in the gulf but very small and if larger due to a storm, they're just shore break with one big smash and that's it. No swell or rolling action that I've seen anywhere in the gulf. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
jamyjo66
Novice
Novice

Re: Retirement in Thailand (Hua Hin area)

Post by jamyjo66 »

Hi there,
I read your post with much interest as we (my wife and myself) have had nearly the same impressions at our first visit in Hua Hin last february.
We are a french retired couple in their late sixties and have travelled quite a while thru Thailand including Isan which is a VERY quiet area but very few expats!!
Concerning Hua Hin my wife was shocked aswell by the heavy traffic at Petchkasem road, but we rented a villa in the south of HH , which is much quieter, and you find shops and local markets very easily withoiut having to crawl to Market Village.
Looking for a villa eventually to purchase, we also visited Pranburi (about 25km from HH) and where very impresssed by some residential programs like Hanna Village! But it looks a bit far from the city especially if you ahev to get back home after a dinner party at some friends in HH center!! or restaurants etc..
To enjoy Hua Hin you have to get out of the main city roads, and it is lovely then. Either south (Khao Tao beach) or west to Blue Mountains all nice areas with golf clubs.
We intend to come back to Hua Hin next winter ( december or january) and eventually we could meet as we are both looking for future retirement accomodation.(i am not allowed to give you my private mail adress as I am a new member aswell)
take care
Best regards
Jamy