The life of the elephants

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bamboo Grove

The life of the elephants

Post by Bamboo Grove »

lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The life of the elephants

Post by lindosfan1 »

Unfortunately this is common in Thailand. I was in Ko Samui once, the elephants were obviously badly treated and in the same place were Gibbons sitting on posts chained by the neck. One Gibbon was jumping off trying to escape and as he jumped his head was being jerked back, very painful. This we reported but no feedback was given.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Unfortunately elephant abuse is rife in Thailand and the authorities do nothing about it. I have posted about this abuse a number of times and personally do everything I can to dissuade anyone from visiting elephant shows or rides.

Thailand like most Asian countries think only of the money to be made out of any asset, be it an animal or a Farang.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

StevePIraq wrote:Unfortunately elephant abuse is rife in Thailand and the authorities do nothing about it. I have posted about this abuse a number of times and personally do everything I can to dissuade anyone from visiting elephant shows or rides.

Thailand like most Asian countries think only of the money to be made out of any asset, be it an animal or a Farang.
100% agree and that is why I put a post up about Kuiburi national park. I found it refreshing that the guides and rangers appeared to care far more about protecting the elephants than they did getting baht off tourists.

If anyone wants to see an elephant in Thailand go there and not somewhere they are persecuted I have put some photos in the message, they're not great but David Bailey I ain't