Giving some back to Thailand's servicemen/women

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Giving some back to Thailand's servicemen/women

Post by richard »

Deadpool, don't give up or get down please.

ANY forum is usually made up of a great variety of bods with different views. Some will support and some will snipe but let's face it mate, all of us are safe venting on a keyboard. Not many of us are good at venting face to face let alone on a front line
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
DeadPool
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeadPool »

Richard,

Thanks for that mate.

I've never been judged very well on my temper and flash to bang reactions.

I genuinely meant well and was just trying to establish an opportunity for 'personal challenge' whilst helping people at the same time.

Maybe my choice of charity was ill founded, but why don't people provide an alternative instead of attempting to rip the shit out of me?

Anyway, rant over and no harm done I hope.

Cheers.....
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^It's the wolf pack closing on the singular victim. Don't take it personally... Hard I know. New ideas are often ridiculed... So What!!

Whilst this would not be my choice of charities to support it's nowhere near the bottom of my list.

Perhaps the question should be "Which Thai Charity/Cause is worth supporting??? BB and his wife have already provided a heroic support of orphans.

So.... What else???
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
DeadPool
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeadPool »

Thanks Bristolian,

I will track down the nearest orphanage and see if I can direct the charity funds raised towards them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

DeadPool wrote:Thanks Bristolian,

I will track down the nearest orphanage and see if I can direct the charity funds raised towards them.
You could do a lot worse than look at these guys. All donations are channeled into projects in our own area.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28489
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
DeadPool
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeadPool »

@Big Boy,

Thanks for the suggestion mate; well and truly adopted.

I'm going to pay them a visit and see how I can help out.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Bristolian wrote:^^It's the wolf pack closing on the singular victim. Don't take it personally... Hard I know. New ideas are often ridiculed... So What!!
I disagree. Nothing about a wolf pack (I think it's fairly obvious that I have no 'pack' on this forum... A lone wolf, if you will) or being 'victimized'. The op was given straight forward answers following his first post. The heavier posts began after the wild post in which he was effin' and blindin' after no antagonizing post.

This said, the guy completely redeemed himself with a follow-up post to clarify/set straight a few things and even offer an apology - a rare occurrence in our digital age. I Myself have done a few posts where I went off the boil. Even had to beg admin to un-ban me after the last time. It happens sometimes. Being able to get back on the thread, after a bit of ridicule, and move forward from that episode doesn't happen that often.

With this in mind, I'd also like to let Deadpool know that I meant no harm in the following post from the expletive riddled one from himself. It was a deserved little backlash and now it's done with.

:cheers: