Sad, not Happy - The status of Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Sad, not Happy - The status of Thailand

Post by centermid7 »

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Sad, not Happy - The status of Thailand

Post by STEVE G »

I think the Democrats are probably the least happy, all that effort to precipitate a coup and even they seem to have been sidelined this time.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Pretty spot on summary really. Jailing Yingluck could have some difficult consequences.
Talk is cheap
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I agree with STEVEG there too, I bet the Democrats are feeling lousy and like they've been shafted big time. Bet they didn't envisage this turning out as it has after they as close as dammit forced the military to stage this coup (egg/face are words that jump to mind).

As for Yingluck......the smart move by the junta would be to ban her from politics, maybe a punitive personal fine (of a few million) but not jail her, as this would give the military leaders just enough wiggle room to carry on with the show on their terms without too much blowback. However, they might not be smart enough to do that as there might be too much bloodlust in the background from those elites that perceive to be aggrieved from all of this....despite the clearer heads realizing that jailing her could easily cause inconvenient discourse for society as many will not approve.

We'll see.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

She's already banned from politics following her impeachment.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Spitfire wrote:I agree with STEVEG there too, I bet the Democrats are feeling lousy and like they've been shafted big time. Bet they didn't envisage this turning out as it has after they as close as dammit forced the military to stage this coup (egg/face are words that jump to mind).

As for Yingluck......the smart move by the junta would be to ban her from politics, maybe a punitive personal fine (of a few million) but not jail her, as this would give the military leaders just enough wiggle room to carry on with the show on their terms without too much blowback. However, they might not be smart enough to do that as there might be too much bloodlust in the background from those elites that perceive to be aggrieved from all of this....despite the clearer heads realizing that jailing her could easily cause inconvenient discourse for society as many will not approve.

We'll see.

Maybe "blowback" is exactly what they want? After all, if there is unrest/trouble they will have reason to remain in power. :idea:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
rentthecar112
Novice
Novice

Post by rentthecar112 »

The best way to learn is to be unafraid of practicing with the locals. Going to markets where you have to communicate with many people is a fun way to learn basic Thai.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

rentthecar112 wrote:The best way to learn is to be unafraid of practicing with the locals. Going to markets where you have to communicate with many people is a fun way to learn basic Thai.
?????????????????????????????
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I suspect its a spambot?!? (not you Richard :) ... rentthecar112)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D