Halloween 2015

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

Halloween 2015

Post by PeteC »

Another record last night here in my area of Rayong. A minimum of 300 kids, 4,000 Baht of candy and still had to turn the lights out at 2030 hours as nothing left! I can remember 2007 when we moved into this house there was my 2 year old daughter and another 3 year old girl and that was it. It has grown in popularity at an unbelievable rate. Last night was no different than the event in any US neighborhood. Parents sitting in beach chairs in their driveway drinking beer and talking about the upcoming RWC final while giving out candy. :D Doesn't get much better than that! :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Another record for me too this Halloween. Absolutely none whatsoever came ringing the door bell this year, so I had to buy extra food for my Rottweiler this morning. She was standing by the gate the whole evening and no one to eat, ha, ha.....

Sent fra min SGP521 via Tapatalk
Big Boy

Re:

Post by Big Boy »

huahin4ever wrote:Another record for me too this Halloween. Absolutely none whatsoever came ringing the door bell this year, so I had to buy extra food for my Rottweiler this morning. She was standing by the gate the whole evening and no one to eat, ha, ha.....
Funny that, I said exactly the same thing to my brother last night :D

Besides that, I didn't see a single ghoulie anywhere.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Re: Halloween 2015

Post by PeteC »

Your population of foreign kids over there is pretty low. Thai kids enjoy Halloween as well, but here they've followed and learned from the expat kids. We have a ton of expat kids here with families on work contracts with the various companies and schools. That's the difference. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: Halloween 2015

Post by Big Boy »

I didn't go this year, but last year's turnout at the Market Village party was excellent - I assume this year will have been the same. I've also seen some photos of some Russian friends and their kids locally having a great time. I'd love to see the kids coming door to door, but I just don't think it will happen for a long time over here.

It only needs a few to start it, and I'm sure it would soon catch on.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20