Let the Thai society know about your retirement life in Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Let the Thai society know about your retirement life in Thailand

Post by StevePIraq »

KANOKWAN wrote:I'm sorry :( It would be great to have valuable responses from retired expats from Asian countries, but I just focus on the mainstream retirement migration, in which, most of the migrants were the citizens of Western nations.
I am not from Asia, I am from UK and lived in numerous other countries. I find the questionnaire lacking in trying to get to the route of retiree satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The original post was targeted towards western expats living in Thailand - if you don't fit that criteria then just leave it to those who do.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I am a western expat living in Thailand and the questionnaire is very lacking in options to give adequate responses, that was my point.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Are you retired?
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

StevePIraq wrote:I am a western expat living in Thailand and the questionnaire is very lacking in options to give adequate responses, that was my point.
Yes, the options are limited to 5-scale hierarchical answers in order to make the analysis process easier. However, in my research I also conducted the in-depth interviews to gain more insights about the topic.
Anyway, thank you so much for pointing that out, now I just provide additional space for further explanations of the 5-scale answers under the topics of push-pull factors in home country, push-pull factors in Thailand, intervening obstacles of the retirement migration to Thailand, and the well-being in Thailand. So, please check it out :D
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

Dear all,
So far, I've been receiving around 18 online responses from Hua Hin and Pranburi, so I would like to say that I am very grateful for your help. However, it just turned out that the all of the 30-40 responses collected by the immigration officers at the Hua Hin immigration office are not usable, so I would like to ask for more responses in order to represent the western retirees in Hua Hin. So, for those who haven't done the survey yet, please go to http://goo.gl/forms/nPGqLj9Xz1
Thank you very much ka :D
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

Hi all HuaHin expat ladies and gentlemen, I would love to receive more of your online responses which can help make a genuine and meaningful analysis. So, please help submit your responses, it would be very appreciated ka :clap: :clap: :clap:
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

More responses are still welcomed ka :wink: :)
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Hello,

Would you be interested in someone leaving Phetchabun and moving to Hua Hin?
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

RCer wrote:Hello,

Would you be interested in someone leaving Phetchabun and moving to Hua Hin?
Definitely Yes :D The scope of the study is to cover all Western retirees living in anywhere in Thailand ka. Thank you for your interest in the project :D :D
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

Dear all Huahinforum members,

I am please to inform you that now I have finished my Ph.D. study. My Ph.D. dissertation entitled "International Retirement Migration of Westerners to Thailand: Decision-making Process, Wellbeing, Assimilation, and Impacts on Destination" will be available on Chulalongkorn University database by September 2017.

However, I also upload the file on http://www.mediafire.com/file/ed89il05b ... ermark.pdf

I would like to thank all kind participants for making this study possible. Any mistakes are solely my own.

Best regards,

Kanokwan Tangchitnusorn (ice)
email: kanokwan.tang@student.chula.ac.th
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Congratulations.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Congratulations, sorry I moved to Thailand too late to take part. And thank you for the link to the file, I'm looking at it and there a lot of statistics and comments that I find of general interest.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Congratulations! It'll take a while, but I'm actually looking forward to reading that!
Talk is cheap