Let the Thai society know about your retirement life in Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Let the Thai society know about your retirement life in Thailand

Post by KANOKWAN »

Hi all members of HuaHinForum,

My name is Kanokwan Tangchitnusorn, I'm a Ph.D student of the College of Population Studies (CPS), Chulalongkorn University, and currently I am doing a Ph.D. dissertation about the international retirement migration (IRM) of Westerners in Thailand.

As part of my research, I have to distribute around 400 questionnaires to Western retirees in Thailand who came from developed countries in the Western world. Though, I've already distribute the hard-copied questionnaires to the Immigration Offices in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Udon Thani, Samui, and Phuket, I think the on-line distribution of the questionnaire is also a practical and savvy approach.

Hopefully, the research results will become part of policy recommendations, which aim to constitute mutual benefits for both retired expats and Thai society as a whole.

So, if you want to be part of the study, please go to http://goo.gl/forms/nPGqLj9Xz1 and then submit your information.

In addition, please be informed that Information related directly to you will be kept confidential. Results of the study will be reported as total picture. Any information which could be able to identify you will not appear in the report.

Thanks a lot for reading this post. :D
KANOKWAN TANGCHITNUSORN, Ms.
Ph.D candidate at College of Population Studies (CPS), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
email: i_cie@hotmail.com, kanokwan.tang@student.chula.ac.th
Bamboo Grove

Re: Let the Thai society know about your retirement life in Thailand

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Very interesting subject. Hopefully we will be able to read about your findings in the future.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Are you to include those that have since returned to their homeland or have gone off elsewhere (other than Thailand)?
Good luck
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Very interesting subject. Hopefully we will be able to read about your findings in the future.
Thank you so much and Yes, of course, everyone can access to my full paper on Chulalongkorn University website once I graduate.
For example, http://cuir.car.chula.ac.th/handle/123456789/22674 ----> this is my Master's thesis paper, and when you scroll down you will see the that the full paper can be downloaded from my university website for free though it will need some registration but it is still free of charge. By the way, I think I can post an article about my research result here, easier :D
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

charlesh wrote:Are you to include those that have since returned to their homeland or have gone off elsewhere (other than Thailand)?
Good luck
Thank you for your reply. Those you mentioned can be included if they planned to return to stay in Thailand any time soon.
According to my survey, the phrase "Having been staying in Thailand for at least one year" is interpret regardless of the continuity of the time spent in Thailand, in which, that will include the migrants who have continuously lived in Thailand for at least one year and above, as well as, those who discontinuously lived in Thailand but have accumulated the living experiences in the country for at least a total of one year.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Kanokwan, I completed the questionnaire and attempted to email it to the address as mentioned, but when I later clicked on the link, all the fields were blank so I assume that my completed form did not get submitted?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:shock: I pressed the submit button, and assumed it had gone. Certainly didn't e-mail it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Maybe it's because I did it on my iPad and having checked again, there is no "submit" button - I'll have a look on my laptop.
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

Mr. Big boy and Mr. Dannie Boy, please don't worry I just checked for the responses and I can see there are 6 Hua Hin people submitting the questionnaire for today. So, by clicking on the submit button, I will receive all of your responses. Thank you very much for your kind helps :D
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I wish I was 50 and retired [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

So far, there are 10 on-line responses from Hua Hin residents. So, more valuable responses are needed to add on the knowledge of retirement life of Western retirees in Thailand. Please help share yours via http://goo.gl/forms/nPGqLj9Xz1

Thank you ka :)
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

pity the form does not allow one to make meaningful comments.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

I'm sorry :( It would be great to have valuable responses from retired expats from Asian countries, but I just focus on the mainstream retirement migration, in which, most of the migrants were the citizens of Western nations.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I filled it in when you first posted, submitted it and never heard a thing, so I don't know if it went or not?
Talk is cheap
KANOKWAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KANOKWAN »

caller wrote:I filled it in when you first posted, submitted it and never heard a thing, so I don't know if it went or not?
If you click on the submit button and see that it moves you to the next page (Thank You page) then it means that you can successfully submit it ka. If otherwise, then you may have to check whether you answer all required (*) questions.