Should I believe her?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Should I believe her?

Post by VincentD »

Sigh. (Jumps in...)

By your own admission, you've only been here a few months. Some pointers..
1. If you don't speak the language, you'll never understand what she really means.
2. Thai women typically treat sex as another bodily function, just like performing your ablutions in the morning. Does not necessarily have anything to do with love. (Sexual release, maybe, but not necessarily love)
3. By admitting to one sponsor, one wonders how many others she has in the background.
4. Moving from Bangkok to the less popular provinces is probably an indication she has passed her 'use by' date. Promiscuity also comes to mind.
5. I know a mamasan in Bangkok (and her retinue) who has been there for at least 15 years. And still in the Plaza. They may move around but typically not across provinces.
6. She may see you as a possible source of income in the future. Doesn't matter if it is intermittent, there is a high likelyhood she is being supported by more than one. (Why do bargirls love multi-sim phones?? Many have more than one.)
7. It is quite easy to spot a guillible person from across the soi. Their radar is finely tuned to this frequency.

So...

Take oakdale's suggestion and enjoy the ride. Just rent. You won't regret it.

P.S. You sound like you're young and looking for love in all the wrong places. Just go with the flow, sow your wild oats and put it down to experience.
วินเชนท์
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Dear Pleng, Nooooo I have made decision not to keep in touch with her anymore. Anyway I have felt guilty since then, I feel like I am a bad guy to let her down when she asked what she did wrong to me. All of you guys advices can definitely disillusion me and thank you very much.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Guys! all advices from you can certainly make my eyes opened. Thanks a lot, much relief and feel less guilty:-)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

"Should you believe her?"

Not in a position to judge, really.

Most interesting thread for a while mind. All the better when this little gem below gets posted by fellow poster...

1. If you don't speak the language, you'll never understand what she really means.
2. Thai women typically treat sex as another bodily function, just like performing your ablutions in the morning. Does not necessarily have anything to do with love. (Sexual release, maybe, but not necessarily love)
3. By admitting to one sponsor, one wonders how many others she has in the background.
4. Moving from Bangkok to the less popular provinces is probably an indication she has passed her 'use by' date. Promiscuity also comes to mind.
5. I know a mamasan in Bangkok (and her retinue) who has been there for at least 15 years. And still in the Plaza. They may move around but typically not across provinces.
6. She may see you as a possible source of income in the future. Doesn't matter if it is intermittent, there is a high likelyhood she is being supported by more than one. (Why do bargirls love multi-sim phones?? Many have more than one.)
7. It is quite easy to spot a guillible person from across the soi. Their radar is finely tuned to this frequency.
Brilliant...!

Edit: 'clarification' - I'm mocking the post not endorsing it.
Last edited by GLCQuantum on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

GLCQuantum wrote:"Should you believe her?"

Most interesting thread for a while mind. All the better when this little gem below gets posted by fellow poster...

Brilliant...!

Thank you for the clarification. Now, would you also mind clarifying what particular points you find in this post worth mocking, and why.

I'm holding my breath.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Three
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Three »

Thai - Farang relations are dreamy. As long as reality never intrudes, you're fine.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Some Thai girls seem to have a 'sixth sense' and can tell when you are most vulnerable and they take advantage of that to their advantage, such as asking you for money or asking you to buy something for them. Again,this is just my opinion.
I guess the same could be said about 'western' women too.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Dear Name Taken!

Dont you agree that most men also got a sixth sense for vulnerable girls as well..may me not me hehe:-)
ExpatJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ExpatJohn »

As she is a bar owner and has a run a bar you should ask her for SIn sod where you are a poor expat.

As for her word..Zero and even below that for belief. If this is real she will string you along for every baht she can get from sick cow to moped not working and running low on rent. Op still not sure then see if she does not ask for money for 6 months then maybe believe till then my advice is run like the wind.

But I doubt you will listen till its to late and she has torn your heart out and stepped on it. Chok dee.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Bamsen my advice for what it's worth, is to stay away from her and her boyfriend.

Why? Because you are to young to die and be dumped in a paupers grave.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

I think the OP gets the picture now, pretty much everyone concurs bar girl = Trouble.
How about this, learn some thai and go meet the 1000's of nice down to earth office or shop girls.
Remember thou you will never be more important than the family. And at some point you will pay a bit as well.
OR just have fun and rent like the wise have said above
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Bamsen wrote:Dear Name Taken!

Dont you agree that most men also got a sixth sense for vulnerable girls as well..may me not me hehe:-)
I do agree, hehehe
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Farang wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:"Should you believe her?"

Brilliant...!

Thank you for the clarification. Now, would you also mind clarifying what particular points you find in this post worth mocking, and why.

I'm holding my breath.
Since you asked so politely, I'm more than happy to clarify. :cheers:

While most of the post could ring true for some/many bar girls, I find it both naive and offensive to tar all with the same brush. The post was given with a 'matter of fact' view when it really just depends on the girl that you meet. I know many people who have met a lady from the bar and have gone on to have a nice relationship and marriage.

Terms like 'Thai women typically...' followed with "I know a mamasan in Bangkok who ..." annoy me a little - it's such a wild accusation to assume that one knows what a Thai women (or any women for that matter) is thinking.

Vincent D is Asian though - which means that he knows best (there we are... another generalisation)

:D
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

One thing I am wondering! How can people have successful marriage/relationship when they cannot communicate to each other well. Emotional or even physical commitment should come from well understanding and good communication. Right?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^ Short answer - people can't have a proper relationship if they can't have a conversation. Goes without saying really.