Should I believe her?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Should I believe her?

Post by Name Taken »

oakdale160 wrote:And if we are categorizing, don't forget the upper class and upper middle class Thai lady (and I mean lady) who would not even consider spending any time with a foreign barbarian and if she did slip for just fora moment her family would be all over her like a ton of bricks.
:thumb:
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Bamsen wrote:Nothing about love either:-) it is only flash fascination but you guys opened ny eyes wider lol:-)

.. now the question is, you live in HH - are you deliberatley in the pursuit of a woman in your life? By default there are almost only Thai ladies arround you.

Lots of guys on this forum (including) me are married to a thai or live in a relationship with one. I am sure there a wealth of stories about how these relationships came to be - iniside or outside a bar.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Frank La Rue wrote: now the question is, you live in HH - are you deliberatley in the pursuit of a woman in your life? By default there are almost only Thai ladies arround you.

Lots of guys on this forum (including) me are married to a thai or live in a relationship with one. I am sure there a wealth of stories about how these relationships came to be - iniside or outside a bar.
Hmmm good question! Where should I begin then? Actually it is embarrassment for me to say that I have been married for five years. At that time I thought our marriage was not fruitful anymore, I needed to have fun in life and then I met that mamasan. I didnt consider her to substitute my wife's place. I still love my wife even the love was pretty low at that time. I couldnt picture myself with that mamasan and moreover she was in relationship! I just felt responsibility when she told me that she loved me and didnt think that she could able to love again after breaking up with her Thai ex-husband. I felt like I was a bastard to play with somebody's feeling. I told her that we could be friend but she said she cannot resist her feeling of love towards me (remember? she has been in relationship with English boyfriend and I didnt have intercourse with her) My main point of this topic is whether I should believe her and keep feeling guilty or it was common to say these words to a potential guy like that.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Almost certainly, the 2nd half of your last sentence is likely to be the case.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The secret in any service industry is to tell the customer/client what they want to hear.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

I think they have the obligatory words which they were told from generation to generation how to say to the guy. I am out of the nutshell and my eyes are open 24/7 hehe:-)
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

So she has a "RICH" boyfriend footing the bills today... You replace him and who will be footing the bills??? Think this through is all I will say... If you get lucky she could turn out to be the love of your life.... Not sure of your financial status, not that any of need to know that... But can you step in and keep her/family at the same level of comfort??? If not stressful days are ahead for sure!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

:cheers:
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

BOZ wrote:So she has a "RICH" boyfriend footing the bills today... You replace him and who will be footing the bills??? Think this through is all I will say... If you get lucky she could turn out to be the love of your life.... Not sure of your financial status, not that any of need to know that... But can you step in and keep her/family at the same level of comfort??? If not stressful days are ahead for sure!!!
I dont know who is footing the bill but she said her English boyfriend is rich and she has few more business than running the bar such as small salon, shark loan business, illegal lotto and motorbike renting. I thought I should have more information than what I was told by her. Luckily I got to know that she has another Thai lover who is a police to secure her grey business. At first she told me that he was her step brother/cousin and I totally believed her, I even tried to offend her myself but it was the truth anyway. Apart from that I got few more details which were completely different from what she lied to me.

At the end I told her that I got to know all the truth and that's why I couldnt keep her as friend anymore according to her untrustworthy words. (she asked me once not to kick her out of my life even if I couldnt feel for her like she does) She was shocked and tried to refuse all but it didnt help since all were undeniable and I got from several reliable sources of information. Eventhough I was stupidly naive and blind but not any longer.
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who want a boyfriend.
Why bother with a dramatic mess of a situation?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

seveneleven wrote:There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who want a boyfriend.
And the flipside to that is "There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who don't want a boyfriend."
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Bamsen wrote:
BOZ wrote:So she has a "RICH" boyfriend footing the bills today... You replace him and who will be footing the bills??? Think this through is all I will say... If you get lucky she could turn out to be the love of your life.... Not sure of your financial status, not that any of need to know that... But can you step in and keep her/family at the same level of comfort??? If not stressful days are ahead for sure!!!
I dont know who is footing the bill but she said her English boyfriend is rich and she has few more business than running the bar such as small salon, shark loan business, illegal lotto and motorbike renting. I thought I should have more information than what I was told by her. Luckily I got to know that she has another Thai lover who is a police to secure her grey business. At first she told me that he was her step brother/cousin and I totally believed her, I even tried to offend her myself but it was the truth anyway. Apart from that I got few more details which were completely different from what she lied to me.

At the end I told her that I got to know all the truth and that's why I couldnt keep her as friend anymore according to her untrustworthy words. (she asked me once not to kick her out of my life even if I couldnt feel for her like she does) She was shocked and tried to refuse all but it didnt help since all were undeniable and I got from several reliable sources of information. Eventhough I was stupidly naive and blind but not any longer.
:shock:
Sounds like you may have dodged a bullet, literally. :laugh:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think that your story along with the book Private Dancer should be COMPULSORY reading for any single farang moving to Thai.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Name Taken wrote:
seveneleven wrote:There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who want a boyfriend.
And the flipside to that is "There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who don't want a boyfriend."
Perhaps... but far less likely.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Name Taken wrote: :shock:
Sounds like you may have dodged a bullet, literally. :laugh:
Well like I said there are too complicating and I am not fear because it was her who told me about her grey business besides several bars in that area know about that lover. Dont forget that BG change their workplace from one bar to another even in the same area.