Should I believe her?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Should I believe her?

Post by oakdale160 »

An annoying thing is the absence of English written material in shops selling goods by International companies. Computers for instance. ALL te manufacturers have such material available and the Thai company just does not request it.
Also the banks do not have English pamphlets available.
This is NOT negligence, this is NOT carelessness, this is NOT a lack of understanding that farangs would be helped by this. It is POLICY. Anybody who has worked fora Thai company knows this. It is Xenophobic, a sense that this would be a sell-out. Even if they thought it would increase business they will not provide this service. Often the younger Thai middle management is in favor, but the elderly Thai leadership will not allow it.
As for ASEAN, S'pore, Malaysia and even Myanmar will accept that the primary language will be English, Thai will never make any adjustment. Although the Thai HiSo are making sure that all their children are fluent as there is money to be made by those with English skills.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

:offtopic:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

oakdale160 wrote:An annoying thing is the absence of English written material in shops selling goods by International companies. Computers for instance. ALL te manufacturers have such material available and the Thai company just does not request it.
This is NOT negligence, this is NOT carelessness, this is NOT a lack of understanding that farangs would be helped by this. It is POLICY. Anybody who has worked fora Thai company knows this. It is Xenophobic, a sense that this would be a sell-out. Even if they thought it would increase business they will not provide this service. Often the younger Thai middle management is in favor, but the elderly Thai leadership will not allow it.
As for ASEAN, S'pore, Malaysia and even Myanmar will accept that the primary language will be English, Thai will never make any adjustment.
:agree:
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Name Taken wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:An annoying thing is the absence of English written material in shops selling goods by International companies. Computers for instance. ALL te manufacturers have such material available and the Thai company just does not request it.
As for ASEAN, S'pore, Malaysia and even Myanmar will accept that the primary language will be English, Thai will never make any adjustment.
:agree:
:agree: to and :offtopic:

:cheers: :cheers:
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

okie dokie back to topic. As I said the language issue should be in new post and it was my fault that I mixed them up.

For the original topic, It's completely over...At first, I thought she was a nice one to talk to and guessed that I got a feeling for her even we didnt have intercourse (believe it or not). I didnt know why she told me she loved me when she admitted me later that she was also in relationship with English guy. So I didnt want to intervene them at all lol!! Remember? I mentioned about my high sense of moral.
All advices I got from you guys in here and all the truth I got more about her. I was enlightened n disillusioned. Thank you once again:-)
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

In my opinion and based on experience you have 2 types of Thai ladies.
1. The outgoing personality and semi-aggressive type with very good English speaking skill that will swindle you out of everything you own including your money, and probably has other farangs 'on the hook'.
2. The shy and submissive type with very poor English speaking skill that will make feel like you are her babysitter.
It is extremely difficult to find a well rounded Thai lady, although some people will say you can just walk into a 7-11 and find a perfect well rounded Thai lady of your dreams.
Good Luck :cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Talk about generalisation. My wife is neither of those. In fact I don't think either is typical. Outside of barland most women I've met seem pretty much the same as anywhere else, except for lack of education and general knowledge. As for "babysitting", a large number of farangs seem unable to do much outside the home without having their wife (interpreter / minder) with them, so who's babysitting who?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

agree!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Back to topic please guys :offtopic: this is not a thread on languages it's a thread on love. :D
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Nothing about love either:-) it is only flash fascination but you guys opened ny eyes wider lol:-)
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

kendo wrote:Back to topic please guys :offtopic: this is not a thread on languages it's a thread on love. :D
?? The 4 posts directly above yours had nothing to do with language... :?

I agree with the assessment that the sentiment of "there's only two types of women in Thailand" which somebody mentioned as his personal experience (also seemingly quite a popular view of the generic geriatric Thai expat blogging community) is a pretty ludicrous one. None of the people I interact with on a regular basis fall into either of those categories.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re:

Post by Name Taken »

hhinner wrote:^^ Talk about generalisation. My wife is neither of those. In fact I don't think either is typical. Outside of barland most women I've met seem pretty much the same as anywhere else, except for lack of education and general knowledge. As for "babysitting", a large number of farangs seem unable to do much outside the home without having their wife (interpreter / minder) with them, so who's babysitting who?
My post was not meant to be a generalization of all Thai women. I was mostly talking about Thai ladies working in bars. I think it's possible to find a nice, honest and trustworthy Thai lady in a bar but as Dannie Boy said that type would probably be in the <5%
I apologize if anyone was offended by my post.
:cheers:
Last edited by Name Taken on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re:

Post by dtaai-maai »

hhinner wrote:^^ Talk about generalisation. My wife is neither of those. In fact I don't think either is typical. Outside of barland most women I've met seem pretty much the same as anywhere else, except for lack of education and general knowledge. As for "babysitting", a large number of farangs seem unable to do much outside the home without having their wife (interpreter / minder) with them, so who's babysitting who?
Pleng wrote: I agree with the assessment that the sentiment of "there's only two types of women in Thailand" which somebody mentioned as his personal experience ... is a pretty ludicrous one. None of the people I interact with on a regular basis fall into either of those categories.
Agreed x2. "Outside of barland" is a telling point. A small step for a man, but a giant leap for so many farang in Thailand.
This is the way
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

And if we are categorizing, don't forget the upper class and upper middle class Thai lady (and I mean lady) who would not even consider spending any time with a foreign barbarian and if she did slip for just fora moment her family would be all over her like a ton of bricks.