Aggressive owned dog going too far

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
kev78

Aggressive owned dog going too far

Post by kev78 »

We have a large dog who we walk. The soi dogs have gotten used to him but there is one little sh#t of a dog that is constantly aggressive. Today walking past it stars barking and being aggressive as usual but this time it bit me as walking past. No blood drawn or punctures just a warning bite on the ankle. Thing is if this dog bites my girlfriend while she it walking our dog I may put it in the sea. Owner is never really there nor speaks English I assume. Is there someone I can report it too or should I just take a large stick and twat it?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Aggressive owned dog going toon far

Post by Dannie Boy »

Id take a stick with you - different scenario but when I go out on my bicycle I have a bambo stick with me and if one of the dogs gives chase, the sight of the stick normally stops them in their tracks and only once have I actually had to hit a dog, which then backed off.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

If it does bite you and draws blood or leaves saliva on an open wound you should go to the red cross station near the tessaban for anti rabies treatment. The dog will need to be checked, so you should also report it to the police station. You will also want the owner to reimburse your medical bill, which the police will help with. Or, at least they did for a friend of mine.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Re: Aggressive owned dog going too far

Post by HHCanuck »

Next time reward the dog with a nice juicy piece of pork seasoned with rat poison.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

^^ That certainly wouldn't work, as a dog with that temperament wouldn't probably take food from a stranger. Some other innocent dog that fancied a nibble could end up dying. Dannie Boy's advice of carrying a stick is certainly the best advice.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I agree. We carry a stick when walking our dogs, and I've never encountered a Thai dog yet who doesn't know that stick = pain.

We'll often have a pack confront our dogs on the beach. We find that raising the stick and shining a torch into the eyes of the leader always works - we've never had to physically use the stick yet.

In most encounters, there's usually a lot of noise, but so long as one dog yields, there is rarely any fighting.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

A blast of pepper spray might help him to learn to mind has own business. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Carry a stick just in case but also carry some sort of treat. Attempt to make friends with the dog. Toss a snack at it and do that for a while and perhaps the dog will realize you are not an enemy. Dogs have pretty good memories and over a period of time of getting treats the dog may change its attitude. It won't be overnight but in due time it may happen.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Sv: Re: Aggressive owned dog going too far

Post by Ralfredo »

Arlo wrote:Attempt to make friends with the dog.
What an extremely good advice! I always give them leftover's or sometimes real dog food and have never had problem with them whatsoever.

My only problem is when I have to leave them for going back home. That's hard.