Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

Post by Frank La Rue »

..........all being said, I know of two couples where he is a 60 plus old white male and she is an ex- bar girl. They are bothe quite open about the past as ex bar girl and ex - sex tourist and very relaxed about it and very successful as stable married, couples. She got what she wanted nearing 40 - financial stability, he got what he wanted in retirement - a nice woman to spend time with and a bit of sex, in Thailand.

The poster is not wrong that there are couples which can be spotted for what they are, ex- bar girl and ex - sex tourist. Where most of us might find that he seems wrong, is in his derogatory attitude towards such couples.

Otherwise, I agree that the answer to OP is self evident - you meet Thai ladies where you'll meet them in your home country, at the mall, on the bus, in the market, at work, school and yes, at the sports club. I would guess ex - caddies and golfers is another known combination in Hua HIn.

I think my two cents worth is - we don't need to be edgy about it.

As for me? I met Noi at Thai No 1 Marriage Agency. I had set up interviews with 15 of them, I was on a mission not livng in Thaiand at the time, to find a Thai wife and I did. 12 years married and counting :)
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Hello jednakropka and goodbye. Please shut the door behind you.

:troll:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
layalshafee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layalshafee »

I met my Thai at our boxing gym. We both fight Muay Thai.
We were together almost a year and everything was great.. before he cheated on me with some cute, young and naiive thai girl.
Most Thai men are not good and do women dirty. I've been with a couple and befriended many and, for the most part, they cheat cheat cheat cheat.
However, they do take good care of women. I must say that, at least. It's a nice change from American dating, being pampered and treated to anything you might desire (only if you're a woman, of course - if you're a man you'd have to do the pampering and treating HA).
layalshafee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layalshafee »

And, honestly, thai women dating old rich falang get bad-mouthed, but the truth is it's simply smart to play your cards right and get what you want.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

layalshafee wrote:I met my Thai at our boxing gym. We both fight Muay Thai.
We were together almost a year and everything was great.. before he cheated on me with some cute, young and naiive thai girl.
Most Thai men are not good and do women dirty. I've been with a couple and befriended many and, for the most part, they cheat cheat cheat cheat.
However, they do take good care of women. I must say that, at least. It's a nice change from American dating, being pampered and treated to anything you might desire (only if you're a woman, of course - if you're a man you'd have to do the pampering and treating HA).
It is not often to meet a western woman with experience being in a relationship with a thai man, or asian man for that matter. I can inly recall one other case in my life time in South- East asia. I am sure you have a story to tell and can teach us something :?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

These threads are so counter productive (can't use the word 'trollish' or DM will be on my case...lol). The best Thai women are the normal ones who have led normal lives when you meet them. The society girls are just as much of a headache as the hookers. However, having said that, there are still those who have good relationships with the soap opera ladder climber types and the bar girls........not all of any section are the same.

It's all about expectations....and some sections have higher expectations than others...and some are normal from all sections. It's about your personal judgement.....you make your bed and therefore have to lay down in it.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
layalshafee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layalshafee »

Frank La Rue wrote:
layalshafee wrote:I met my Thai at our boxing gym. We both fight Muay Thai.
It is not often to meet a western woman with experience being in a relationship with a thai man, or asian man for that matter. I can inly recall one other case in my life time in South- East asia. I am sure you have a story to tell and can teach us something :?
Oh yeah! Lots of new experiences with that one! And I'm sure the experience is completely different when dating a thai woman. Ask me anything.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

She was a cashier at a supermarket in BKK
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

"I met my girlfriend in a sport club. She is Professor at Hua Hin University".

She is obviously the brains in the family. :wink:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

just to answer to question and keep it simple i'll say that met my thai wife in perth, australia, jan. 12, 1968.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

handdrummer wrote:just to answer to question and keep it simple i'll say that met my thai wife in perth, australia, jan. 12, 1968.
She's around 70 then now. Fair play! And you've been together nearly 50 years... respect!

:cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

she's 67 and I'm 77.
brokendown
Amateur
Amateur

Post by brokendown »

haha
StuartandFon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StuartandFon »

I met my wife whilst I was working in a school in Thailand. She was a friend of my teaching assistant who I met a wedding.
Dog
Novice
Novice

Post by Dog »

I met my Thai wife in England , I lived in a caravan , penniless , good heart , she saw that & now we have bought a house in HH .Miss my caravan .....