Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
bluelagoon

Re: Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

Post by bluelagoon »

To add my bit of speculation ihere, I may assume if the question is asked where one met, is perhaps to get some tips on where to meet a nice normal non-bar girl? If so, what about internet dating sites? Perhaps you may bump into some nice not so cupid girls with normal day jobs who may not be hunting after your wallet and who would not be looking for a source of financement for her family and her retirement?
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

my favorite story. He was in a store in BKK trying to return a defective purchase, they were doing the 'no speak English' defense. She was the customer next in line and stepped up and helped him.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I met my thai wife in a club, where I was playing music, in perth, Australia, jan. 12, 1968. it was her birthday and she was with a group of thai friends out celebrating. we finished the set and as I was leaving the bandstand I looked to my right, saw her, walked over, introduced myself and here we are.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm I met my thai wife in a club, where I was playing music, in perth, Australia, jan. 12, 1968. it was her birthday and she was with a group of thai friends out celebrating. we finished the set and as I was leaving the bandstand I looked to my right, saw her, walked over, introduced myself and here we are.
do you think it will last? :duck:
Good on you handdrummer, that's a real happy ending :cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 pm
handdrummer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm I met my thai wife in a club, where I was playing music, in perth, Australia, jan. 12, 1968. it was her birthday and she was with a group of thai friends out celebrating. we finished the set and as I was leaving the bandstand I looked to my right, saw her, walked over, introduced myself and here we are.
do you think it will last? :duck:

Good on you handdrummer, that's a real happy ending :cheers:

thank you Dannie Boy, that's only part of the story. too much to post here.
mariad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mariad »

I know it is for a guy to reply, but i would say it on my boy's behalf. We met at a resort in SriLanka. Glad i made that trip.
HarleBen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HarleBen »

Well, I met her in Australia, Melbourne. I was there for a friend's n family get together sort of a thing, she was invited from my friend's side. We met, had a little chit chat, I made her laugh a lot, she made me laugh. We both knew this is perfect and is syncing well, after a week we started dating and a year later, we married. Things do happen like that, you wouldn't know of and it will, good or bad. Life is just like that!
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

looks that some get quite jealous when a cutie, chesty honey thai girl is hooked up with a farang?

and sorry to dismantle the fantasies of some, but there are a substantial amount of young, middle aged cutie thai ladies who love dating and getting involved with farangs....and not always or only for money...what you are is what you get in life, no matter where you come from, if you are rich or poor whatever....enjoy
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

After a rather lengthy bout of flooding inside the bathroom, I was on the lookout for a copy of new flip-flops at the night bazaar. It had been raining heavily since one week ago, at least. Just as it had led up, I thought to myself; "This is my chance!", and just went straight running towards the stores.

There among the shelves, this beauty turns up. Actually we bumped into one another by accident, and the first thing that met my eye was a couple of glowing, searingly beatiful and deep couple of eyes. We started talking and before i knew it we were eating out together. It was the perfect night.

Getting chills just thinking about it.
komments
Rookie
Rookie

Post by komments »

jednakropka wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 pm Hello,

We all see thai-farang copuples in HH ( I am sure some members here have a Thai GF or wife).
Sometimes looking at them is very obvious where they met, other times is not.
Would you be so kind and share where have you met your other half?
I believe replies like these for some people can be very helpful.
I am asking because I am simply curious.
Mine is not Thai but when we visited the Philippines everyone thought she was Filopina. She is not. But she is short and brown (Mexican-American). I met her in High School. The level before college for non-Americans. We had study hall together and I thought she was the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen.

I was a senior and a jock (Baseball, Track, Basketball and American Football). She was a Freshman. Stole my heart the first time I laid eyes on her.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

My wife, now ex-wife in an elevator.
A long time Thai GF (not live-in) found a daddy with more sugar than me and decided to give me the heave-ho. She brought a friend along and suggested her as a replacement and I accepted the peace offering.