Why do expats settle for horrible relationships with Thai girls who hate them?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Why do expats settle for horrible relationships with Thai girls who hate them?

Post by sidthesloth »

StevePIraq wrote: Am I correct in assuming you are the one in a bad relationship as your final sentence says it all "some couples look really happy together and I can't help being a bit jealous of that"
You're not correct. I'm single.
Pjolter
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Why do expats settle for horrible relationships with Thai girls who hate them?

Post by Pjolter »

Why Thai girls hates farang ?

From my experience in Thailand with ladies and friends i know here , problem
is always the same : they don't have enough money. My ex Thai girlfriend from Isaan
had income 6k - 10k per month . Her and hers poor family expected from me up to 10 million baht. :) :) :)
as a investment from me for them in the village . No BS. Of course I had to say good bye to her ,
and I understand why she always not happy with me. :(
dawit
Novice
Novice

Post by dawit »

In my opinion some expats felt like Thai girls are cheap house maid that you can somewhat trust?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

it's not a relationship it's just sex.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

handdrummer wrote:it's not a relationship it's just sex.
I whished it was :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

bsdk1960 wrote:
handdrummer wrote:it's not a relationship it's just sex.
I whished it was :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
groan. :cry:
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

I say this, Love is just so overrated. Obedience, orderly conduct, and a friendly manner is so much more than just love. I Guess a lot of expats does not really know how to hold on to, let alone treat a lady in all their earnest. Theres always two parts of a relationship and one cannot sustain without the other.

Here too, communication is key. I clearly believe there is a lot of confusion going on between all the drinks, smokes, and beers. It is easy to fall out of favour. But it is more difficult to sustain a good relationship, and to keep it that way. Thats why i always said as soon as things start to sour you should start talking, and understanding, exactly as to what is the nature of your relationship problems. In this way you will come to understand your Thai girl, and strengthen the bond between you.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

golferstu wrote:I say this, Love is just so overrated. Obedience, orderly conduct, and a friendly manner is so much more than just love. I Guess a lot of expats does not really know how to hold on to, let alone treat a lady in all their earnest. Theres always two parts of a relationship and one cannot sustain without the other.

Here too, communication is key. I clearly believe there is a lot of confusion going on between all the drinks, smokes, and beers. It is easy to fall out of favour. But it is more difficult to sustain a good relationship, and to keep it that way. Thats why i always said as soon as things start to sour you should start talking, and understanding, exactly as to what is the nature of your relationship problems. In this way you will come to understand your Thai girl, and strengthen the bond between you.
10/10 for gobbledygook.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

caller, there's no need to be rude. I understood what golferstu said if you didn't ask for help.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

handdrummer wrote:caller, there's no need to be rude. I understood what golferstu said if you didn't ask for help.
Thanks for your opinion. But considering all of his starting points are presumptuous, with some odd phrases thrown in, such as 'love being overrated' and 'obedience', there seems to be an assumption that the farang is too addled with booze and smoking to notice his 'Thai girl' and that assuming there is an issue (what?), that having a chat with her, will cure all, I'm stick with my stated view on his comments.

Hmmm, having re-read my answer, I'll give myself 7/10 for gobbledygook as well! :D
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Sid the sloth became Golferstu
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

The more you hang with your significant other, the more you will realize what is keeping you together.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

StevePIraq wrote:Sid the sloth became Golferstu
Yup
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:agree:

Just 10 days after the last we heard from Sid, GolferStu appears.

'Leopards cannot change their spots'!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

[quote="sidthesloth"]For an extreme example, see this post
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31890

But in real life I see it so often. Sad looking old guy walking down the street or around the food court with a grumpy frumpy thai lady following 5 metres behind. How can these people be happy together.

:lach: Sounds like Hull market - except the grumpy frumpy English lady is in front of the sad old geezer. :naughty:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.