Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
buksida

Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by buksida »

I have two separate Paypal accounts, one for TH, one for UK - they both work fine with their respective banks. The only problem is their fees, but you get that with banks too.

Anyway lets get :offtopic:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although my credit card is with a UK bank, the account is registered at my Thai postal address. For some online orders this is not a problem - Amazon in particular, but trying to order Xmas presents for family has proved impossible as they ask you to set up an account and the forms are pre-programmed only to accept a UK postal address, so I’ve had to give up with at least 2 other suppliers (Next and Ted Baker).
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

@BB Maybe you could consider using Lazadapay if you use Lazada often. Refunds are made via Lazadapay.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What is Lazadapay please? Never heard of it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:What is Lazadapay please? Never heard of it.
Sorry, my mistake. I came across it the other day and obviously remembered the wrong name. It's Lazada Wallet. http://www.lazada.co.th/payment-methods/.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:08 am We've discussed Paypal several times - I can't open an account from Thailand. Warning bells are sounded when my bank is in the UK and I am in Thailand. Trying to use a Thai bank account for anything useful as a Farang just doesn't happen.
I've never had any problems paying for anything with Lazada from my Krungsri account; On the check out page I click the Krungsri icon as a payment method, I'm then taken to a gateway page where I enter my login details for Krunsri. Upon logging in they ask me to authorise the payment and after clicking "yes" I get taken back to Lazada thanking me for my purchase.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have no problem buying online with my Bangkok Bank card. I opened a Paypal account since being here. It's linked to my UK account. Again no problems.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've tried several times - just can't do it. Kasikorn tell me I have the wrong kind of account :?

Not to worry, I've managed 6 years without one.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've just ordered an item from Lazada and I noticed a difference between them and the UK. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered something from Argos for my daughter. The delivery advice came back as being delivered between 10:00 and 12:00 on Tuesday.
The delivery advice back from Lazada was that it will be delivered sometime between Monday and Thursday next week!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think we call that 'Thai time' :D

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Now I've had two orders in Lazada for quite some time. Both are "Cash on Delivery". The tracking says both packets sent with Thailand Post, and last entry of the tracking is 7th. December. Is it safe to say that my packages will never be delivered to my door? I may have to try to find out which post office they are held at? Or can I not trust the tracking and they are neither sent nor delivered to any post office? Latest status for both packages is (see attached image):
Capture.JPG
No delivery/pick-up note in my mailbox and nowhere in the tracking as far as I can see telling me which post office to contact! This is the first time that "COD" packages I have ordered from Lazada haven't showed up on my door step. Any advice anybody?
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

huahin4ever,

That is not unusual. Just take the tracking number to the Post Office, and they will take your money/hand over your goods. I'd say 90% of the time, my goods have been at the PO near the airport.

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I get regular shipments from the US, and always get a tracking number. 80% of the time the tracking says delivered, but I don't have it. I wait a day then go into the PO with the tracking number, they always find it but never admit they failed to leave a notice.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:huahin4ever,

That is not unusual. Just take the tracking number to the Post Office, and they will take your money/hand over your goods. I'd say 90% of the time, my goods have been at the PO near the airport.
You were absolutely right. But what a poor system they have there. The guy at the front counter didn't have them so he sent me behind to sorting area. The first guy tried to help me but didn't have a clue where my packages were located. He then asked a "manager" who unlocked a small room all the way in the back trying to locate the packages, but no success. He than asked for my tracking codes and probably found some numbers and went back into that same small room rummaging around in a couple of cabinets finally locating the parcels. I signed and got going. What I wonder is how sellers on Lazada feel about using such poor service as the Thailand Post is. No delivery on the door, no notification slip in the mailbox and hardly any clue where the packages are stored. If I had paid in advance I would have been seriously annoyed. And the sellers waiting forever to get paid for the Cod packages sent weeks ago. I have never experienced this with for example Kerry Express. Well I got my stuff, I just needed to rant a bit about the Thailand Post non existing delivery service.
YNWA
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Has anyone tried ordering from Big C online? I don't trust the Thai postal system to find my house either but they offer a service where you can pick up from any Big C shop, I'm curious to know if it works as they sometimes have good prices on electrical goods.