Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:20 pm I've tried several times - just can't do it. Kasikorn tell me I have the wrong kind of account :?

Not to worry, I've managed 6 years without one.
Indeed. I just notices when selecting "Online Payment" when making a Lazada order today, that there is no Kasikorn option in the drop-down list. Maybe time for a new bank :)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've made two Lazada orders this week and I didn't know there was a drop down option. I just choose 'debit/credit card' and it's recognised by the card number.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I'm with HHTel on this one
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I'm not referring to the "debit/credit card" option, as I don't have one (just an ATM card). If you look further east on the payment options row, there's an option that says something like "Online/ATM Services"; this is the one that allows you to make a payment via online banking. Some retailers confusingly refer to this as "Direct Debit".
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Understand now. Sorry.
However, doesn't your ATM card act as a debit card. Mine does with Bangkok Bank.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Nope, it's just for cash withdrawals.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Pleng wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm Nope, it's just for cash withdrawals.
Both Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank ATM cards can be used as debit cards, but they have to be activated by the Banks on request.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And that's what they said couldn't be done.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm And that's what they said couldn't be done.
Who said?

The KBank card is a new 6 digit card, about 1 year old and came already activated. It was the first that I found out about it. I then took my old 4 digit card to Bangkok Bank and it took all of 3 minutes to activate it. Have used them both for purchases without a problem.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by hhinner »

Nereus wrote:
Pleng wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm Nope, it's just for cash withdrawals.
Both Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank ATM cards can be used as debit cards, but they have to be activated by the Banks on request.
Debit cards can be used in ATMs. ATM only cards cannot be used as debit cards. Kasikorn used to issue both types, but not sure if that's still true. Krungsri definitely issue both types and other banks may also do so. Debit cards usually have the Visa logo, except new ones from Bangkok Bank apparently.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

ATM only cards cannot be used as debit cards
Please read that which I posted. The Bangkok Bank card that I use is nearly as old as me, and it was simply activated to use as a debit card when I asked. Not sure about the KBank card, but I use it for both functions.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:07 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm And that's what they said couldn't be done.
Who said?
The girl behind the desk at the bank. I learnt very quickly that resistance is futile. I manage without the facility.

Incidentally, the money for the cancelled order has been returned to me today, in the form of a credit note.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The girl behind the desk at the bank.
And therein lies the problem. How many times have we seen people post on here that they have been refused trying to open a Bank Account. "No, must have work permit". "No, must have long stay Visa". "No, Farang cannot", and so on and on! And this "Government" is trying to implement more electronic systems. A bit like the "we will fix the traffic accidents".
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I have two Kbank accounts, one older with a 4 number pin, and the newer, from Hua Hin, with 6 numbers. I asked that both be used as a debit card and for on-line purchases and both work as requested. I have ordered goods via Lazada with no issues.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have never asked Bangkok Bank to activate my card. It is quite old and I've used it for local purchases as well as online. The first time I used it online, a message came up saying it was waiting authorisation from Bangkok Bank. It took around 2 mins if I remember correctly. Once authorised the system reverted to the site where I needed to pay.