Men and their mistresses

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
komments
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Men and their mistresses

Post by komments »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 am Lets think about the wife in her fifties who has NO interest in sex anymore. Het husband, on the other hand, is still in need of a little. Which is preferable--- for him to visit a mia noi every Tuesday evening or go trolling the bars with his friends.
Why do you think women in their 50s have no interest in sex? Not true of my wife. And there is something morally wrong with casual sex when you are married. It is a violation of your marriage vows AND places not only you, but your spouse at risk of STDs. I don't know any women that think side sex for her husband is okay. I am sure there are some out there but I don't know them.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I never suggested that ALL women in their 50s have lost interest just talking about the ones who have and yes there ARE some out there who are glad to be free of the hassle and the guilt but they don't go around talking about it..
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Vital Spark wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 am Getting back to men and their mistresses: If Mr.VS told me he was going off for the night to sleep with his mia noi, he'd find his clothes in the klong outside our house the next morning. On the other hand, from what I've seen and talked about with students, very few of them have both mum and dad living together at home. The nuclear family as we see it in the west doesn't seem to apply here. Often dad is working in another province or country and, to them, it seems totally acceptable. My parents spent over 50 years together, sleeping together, living together, before my dad sadly died. Never a night apart.

I also know of a female student (who had graduated) who was going out with one of my western colleagues. She slept with him and, obviously, he thought it was real love. One day she asked him to meet her in Bangkok and she casually introduced him to her boyfriend. :shock: As far as he was he was concerned, it was the end of their relationship. As far as she was concerned, she could see nothing wrong with having 'two on the go' at the same time.

It's not just the men.

VS
No it certainly isn't just the men VS, but usually that is all we hear about, and not just in Thailand. On the other hand though Thai women I do believe are much more accepting and even encourage infidelity - at least on the surface - and even join in. There's no doubt the culture and attitudes are very different to many other countries and I think there is an element of the reward involved. As in 'I let you....' therefore you owe me. Plus of course it gives the women an excuse for playing around themselves.
But the nuclear family thing as our parents knew it in the west is disappearing as well, in the sense that so many parents don't bother to marry, and when they do divorce is much more common. I meet a lot of people here in my work and never ever assume that when a man and a woman arrive together they are married - or even that when two men or two women are together they aren't a couple! Life in the UK can involve treading on a lot of egg shells :wink:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

My Thai Canadian wife would have my gonads if I tried to have a mia noi, so I do not see much in
the Thai or expats that want or need a mia noi. I have met a few Thai women who said they will
never marry a Thai man again, as so many are butterflys. I guess some expats may be butterflys as
well.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Haha. Two partners, double the trouble..
She gets upset whenever I'm seen with my other loves, Chang, or Leo, or Singha.. :? :cheers:

Whatever. :twisted:
วินเชนท์