Child Protection in Hua Hin

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Kenjinuk
Novice
Novice

Child Protection in Hua Hin

Post by Kenjinuk »

I am working for a London Borough with a child returning to family in Hua Hin. My instructing authority wish to contact the relevant Child Protection Agency in Hua Hin. I have been unable to locate anyone, could your readers please advise
who I could contact in Hua Hin.

Peter McBride
text 0645614763
bert91157

Re: Child Protection in Hua Hin

Post by bert91157 »

Why would you send a child back to a family if a Child protection agency's assistance is required. Is the child in danger on return?
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Forgive me for being suspicious but surely a governmental body would be able and have to contact another governmental body in a foreign country.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Gregjam wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 pm Forgive me for being suspicious but surely a governmental body would be able and have to contact another governmental body in a foreign country.
That’s what the OP was trying to do, he works for a London Borough and has tried to contact a Child Protection Agency in HH without any success - hence the request for assistance.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, he may have more credibility if he were to post and email address, or something more traceable than a text number.

Like a lot of other people, he may also think that everybody in Thailand speaks and understands English!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I don't see the reason for suspicion, what on earth are you suggesting he is trying to do? He is asking for information which should be in the public domain in Thailand but he cannot find from the UK. Does that look as though he's trying to perform some illegal activity? :/

Sorry, I don't have the required information, but this off-topic burbling is annoying in a thread where someone is asking for important information.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

OP I would suggest that this may fall within the remit of the welfare section of Hua Hin tesabaan (local council). Your best bet would be to phone the tesabaan and ask to speak to someone who speaks English. This may be difficult but there are some who speak good English. After you've made contact with such a person they may be able to guide you to the correct department and act as an interpreter for you.

If this doesn't work out you may have to contact an appropriate government office in Bangkok.

Hua Hin tesabaan: +66 3251 1047, +66 3251 1347 or +66 3253 2433.

The tesabaan administrative office: +66 3251 5993.

Web site: www.huahin.go.th

Good luck.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Nereus picked up on exactly the point I was making. With the recent child protection issues in London Boroughs you would think that an appeal for information would be backed up by official verifiable information. No I do not have the information requested but if I did I would not just supply it to a number and name given on a public forum. And definitely not off topic.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

All seems odd to me, but what do I know, I only worked for local Government in London for 20 years and what exactly is a text number?

Googling the number sends me all over the place, but certainly not London,
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

404cameljockey wrote:Sorry, I don't have the required information, but this off-topic burbling is annoying in a thread where someone is asking for important information.
The only "burbling" is coming from you, and why you think it is off topic completely eludes me!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

As caller suspects, it's almost certainly a scan of some sort. But so what? If it's genuine he can call the tesabaan.

A genuine enquiry would have said what London Borough and given an official phone number. 064 seems to be a prefix used for nuisance calls.

http://www.whosenumberisthis.co.uk/prefix/064
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Wouldn't the British Embassy be a first point of contact for a query of this sort?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Or the The Royal Thai Embassy, London
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm
404cameljockey wrote:Sorry, I don't have the required information, but this off-topic burbling is annoying in a thread where someone is asking for important information.
The only "burbling" is coming from you, and why you think it is off topic completely eludes me!
'Why does he need it?', 'Who is he?'.

What's wrong with just answering the question with a message on the forum, as hhinner kindly did, without releasing any of your own personal information (in case you are scared it's some sort of scam, to what end I have no idea).

"I wouldn't supply the phone number of the Thai Child Protection Agency on a public forum.'? OK, I give up, it must be me....
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There are actually websites that have breakdowns of Govt. and 'local Govt' offices for pretty much anywhere in the World. Certainly in use where I used to work.
Talk is cheap