Need to know things about thai GF

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
golferstu

Need to know things about thai GF

Post by golferstu »

On a purely need-to-know basis, how would you describe your relationship with your Thai Girlfriend?
I mean, do you ever tire of her?

The reason i am asking is because i am. I am tired of her, of this place, of all the noise and all the pollution. But most of all i am tired of her. Its not like I am alone in this rant either. I have got tons of work and poolmates to keep my mind busy. But when i am not busy and when she is not happy with me, I feel kind of at a loss.

It is difficult to describe it, but you know we are almost married and there is no breaking up on a whim. At least I do not feel like it and i bet she does not either. Thus the happy moments and get togethers are all the more awesome. For me at least they are. But the moments when we are not together are a lot more agonizing. Then again I do not blame her either. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.

You ever had problems with your girlfriend? Tell me about it! :rasta:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Need to know things about thai GF

Post by Spitfire »

You always know when it's time to move on from a job or a girl. You just have to square-it-away with yourself one way or another...and only you know how that stacks up for your situation. You just have to call time on something dude, if it's that's time, and if it's got to that stage, then move on (only you know). Might not be easy tbh, but what's got to be done has to be done if you are thinking such things. But if you think that, then be brave and go for a new world.

As an aside, I'm cool with my Mrs, and have been so for 16 years...so fine here. But if ever was not or saw it coming then would act accordingly...however much it might suck. Unfortunately, not everything works itself out, including relationships...just have to go with the flow and do what's right for you whether it works or it doesn't.

Cheers
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Happyharry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Happyharry »

Always expect the unexpected
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Sigh. Doesn't have to be Thai; she could jolly well be an Amazonian or even Zulu. It's the relationship you've got with her. Deal with it.

If it's a problem with the language, learn it. Works wonders. I see someone dug up an older (7 years old) thread on that topic..
วินเชนท์
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cuffee.michael »

Hi ! I am going to talk about my personal experience. I have been dating a Thai girl for a while, and what I can say is that it is far from easy. I guess every girl is different though... But I can't stand her constant jealousy/drama anymore ahah.

It seems like Thai girls are waiting for the perfect love. High expectations, too much, and too fast. Again, this is my personal experience, but I guess I'll focus on expats from now on.

Anyway, good luck and make sure you make the right choice mate! ;)
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Problem in Thailand for farangs is its to easy to get another GF.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Cuffee.michael wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pmIt seems like Thai girls are waiting for the perfect love.
Aren't we all.......NEXT....
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The curse of TV and movies. "Romance without finance is a nuisance."
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Cuffee.michael wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pm It seems like Thai girls are waiting for the perfect love.
Once again, this could be said about any nationality and to a large extent, could apply to men as well.
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cuffee.michael »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 pm
Cuffee.michael wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pm It seems like Thai girls are waiting for the perfect love.
Once again, this could be said about any nationality and to a large extent, could apply to men as well.
Yes... But I have the feeling it's something different out there. Sorry guys, I am just talking about my personal impression, don't want to appear rude or something. Maybe I haven't been clear enough. What I meant is just that I never experienced something similar with other girls before.

Here, it's usual that after a 2-hours-date, your new Thai GF is already wanting to hold your hand, call you "honey", "baby", "my dear", "my love", etc. I mean, maybe it is just an "exception", but I happened to me every time I dated a Thai girl. There are pretty much into drama. Obviously, this is just one downside of it. I could also mention the fact that they are:

-Caring
-Loving
-"Devoted": I'm not a native english speaker, but here I mean that being with a Thai lady means 100% commitment, and this is cool.

To sum up, I personally faced some problems: misunderstandings, drama, etc. But overall my experience with Thai GFs ended up being pretty enjoyable.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Get a Thai lady with a stable marriage who is looking for added fun and income and its wonderful. But i have NEVER let one move in.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Oakdale..

If she is still married to someone else very dangerous to touch. Divorced lady, fine. Lax gun controls and BIB who tend to look the other way, plus the amount of 'suicides' that happen, you don't really want to qualify as another statistic.

And, yes, don't ever let anyone move in.
วินเชนท์
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Whereas doing it with a Thai guy would make a husband furious, doing with a farang FOR MONEY is acceptable. My regular lady is married and she has three regulars. He appreciates the added income.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Ah. So she works in a joint and she has a maengda.. :roll: Okay. I get it.
วินเชนท์