Looking for help to convert tourist visa to a retirement visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
retiredamerican
Novice
Novice

Looking for help to convert tourist visa to a retirement visa

Post by retiredamerican »

Hello: Looking for help to convert my tourist visa to a retirement visa. Looking for office names, phone numbers, emails. I have been to Hua Hin few time; I lost the 2 office names I had. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Looking for help to convert tourist visa to a retirement visa

Post by Takiap »

Hi

You do not need any sort of visa service agent. It really is a VERY simple process proving you have the necessary funds in a Thai bank, in your name only, and the money needs to have been in the account for at least three months, with the balance never dropping below 800,000 baht during that time.

If you meet the above requirements, ask the bank for a letter confirming this, then take the letter, along a your passport and ID photo, and go to the immigration office. They will make any copies they need, and you should be in and out in almost no time at all.

If however, you feel you really do need the help of an agent, say so and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Alternatively, feel free to send me a private message.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Instead of the 800,000 baht in the bank you can also show income. I'm sure someone will help with the amount, I'm not sure. The US makes it (somewhat) easy. You make an appointment at the embassy (you can do online) and they have a form. You fill in the amount you make each month and they sign it. They require no proof.

The first one we did we also had to get a Thai ministry stamp, after that nothing from Thailand.

You then go to immigration and they can help with the paperwork, and usually a lady taking pictures, which is also required.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Income needed is the equivalent of THB 60,000 a month. $2000 US covers it.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Income is 65K.