'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Renewal retirement visa

Post by Big Boy »

Robert, that is probably because the answer was on the previous page to your previous post. I'm moving this to the same thread.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Renewal retirement visa

Post by handdrummer »

Robert williams wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:33 pm After moving to Prachuap town from Samui I joined this forum. Some months ago I asked if the forum could advise me what documents are required to renew a retirement visa - not based on marriage. There was no response. Rather than having to journey To Hua Hin immigration to ask them for the papers required and finding this sort of thing hard to do on the phone I am making this request again.
TM 7
2 copies of income from embassy
2 copies of ID page in passport
Arrival card
2 photos
passport
map to house from main road
copy of lease or house registration (if owner)
1900 BHT.
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Visa renewal combination method

Post by Robert williams »

Has anyone used the combination method to renew their retirement visa at immigration since March 2019 without an Embassy letter confirming income ? If not has anyone asked immigration if they will accept this method?
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Just did my yearly extension of permission to stay (by reason of retirement) yesterday using the 'money in the bank' method.

This is what I supplied:

Form TM-7, with 1 photo attached on the back
Original passport with 1 copy of the details page, original visa and last year's extension
Original bank book showing 800K+ balance for more than 2 months, plus 1 copy of the details page and transactions page covering the last 2 months
Supporting letter from bank
Copy of Blue Book
Copy of house master's Thai ID
Hand-drawn map showing location of house
1900 Baht
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

We have to get an "Extension to Stay" for this year, due July 21, 2019. In the past I used an income affidavit from US Embassy. As everyone knows the rules have changed. We report to Tha Yang in Phetchaburi Province as we live in Palm Hills. After the rule change, my wife and I set up individual bank accounts and notified our Social Security to start depositing into that account. So the deposits started in April of this year. So we have 3 months of deposits recorded. We also supplement the Social Security. My wife supplemented from another retirement account that has statements and I supplement from income from property we have in the US. (Non retirement funds and not from a company). I made a "trial visit" last month and was told we have to have 12 months of records or 800,000 baht. Only 2 options. They also told me that the funds must be from a retirement account only. And must be an international deposit from a retirement fund. Cannot be personal savings or other funds. I asked if they could verify this as I had read different rules. The lady called her "friend" who agreed with her that she was correct. She said I could come back when ready and could try to talk with the big boss. Any advice on how to handle this? Does anyone have a check list of what documents are required from the bank, and otherwise for extension based on monthly income verification process? Can I call 1111 for help if they refuse?
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

SunandFun wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:39 pm We have to get an "Extension to Stay" for this year, due July 21, 2019. In the past I used an income affidavit from US Embassy. As everyone knows the rules have changed. We report to Tha Yang in Phetchaburi Province as we live in Palm Hills. After the rule change, my wife and I set up individual bank accounts and notified our Social Security to start depositing into that account. So the deposits started in April of this year. So we have 3 months of deposits recorded. We also supplement the Social Security. My wife supplemented from another retirement account that has statements and I supplement from income from property we have in the US. (Non retirement funds and not from a company). I made a "trial visit" last month and was told we have to have 12 months of records or 800,000 baht. Only 2 options. They also told me that the funds must be from a retirement account only. And must be an international deposit from a retirement fund. Cannot be personal savings or other funds. I asked if they could verify this as I had read different rules. The lady called her "friend" who agreed with her that she was correct. She said I could come back when ready and could try to talk with the big boss. Any advice on how to handle this? Does anyone have a check list of what documents are required from the bank, and otherwise for extension based on monthly income verification process? Can I call 1111 for help if they refuse?
I've got no answers but would be interested in what you eventually find out so, if outside the forum, please share. BTW do you do the SS check to Bngkok bank in New York then transfer here?

Thanks
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

migrant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm
SunandFun wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:39 pm We have to get an "Extension to Stay" for this year, due July 21, 2019. In the past I used an income affidavit from US Embassy. As everyone knows the rules have changed. We report to Tha Yang in Phetchaburi Province as we live in Palm Hills. After the rule change, my wife and I set up individual bank accounts and notified our Social Security to start depositing into that account. So the deposits started in April of this year. So we have 3 months of deposits recorded. We also supplement the Social Security. My wife supplemented from another retirement account that has statements and I supplement from income from property we have in the US. (Non retirement funds and not from a company). I made a "trial visit" last month and was told we have to have 12 months of records or 800,000 baht. Only 2 options. They also told me that the funds must be from a retirement account only. And must be an international deposit from a retirement fund. Cannot be personal savings or other funds. I asked if they could verify this as I had read different rules. The lady called her "friend" who agreed with her that she was correct. She said I could come back when ready and could try to talk with the big boss. Any advice on how to handle this? Does anyone have a check list of what documents are required from the bank, and otherwise for extension based on monthly income verification process? Can I call 1111 for help if they refuse?
I've got no answers but would be interested in what you eventually find out so, if outside the forum, please share. BTW do you do the SS check to Bngkok bank in New York then transfer here?

Thanks
No. We deposit direct to Bangkok Bank in Thailand from Social Security. Although when you fill out the request to deposit in Thailand, the Social Security form from Manilla has the BKK Bank NY routing number as default. Lately there seems to be some extra charges (lower deposit amount) so not sure if something has recently changed. I used to move money through BKK Bank NY and have stopped as they no longer support doing it. It would take much longer to get the money sometimes a week. But I get the SS deposit on the 3rd or 4th every month.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

SunandFun wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 pm
migrant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Thanks
No. We deposit direct to Bangkok Bank in Thailand from Social Security. Although when you fill out the request to deposit in Thailand, the Social Security form from Manilla has the BKK Bank NY routing number as default. Lately there seems to be some extra charges (lower deposit amount) so not sure if something has recently changed. I used to move money through BKK Bank NY and have stopped as they no longer support doing it. It would take much longer to get the money sometimes a week. But I get the SS deposit on the 3rd or 4th every month.
Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I renewed my annual extension at the beginning of the month (I think actually 31 May) at Tha Yang and I used the Baht 800,000 in the bank option, but nobody asked me any questions about where the money came from, all they wanted this year that was different than last year, were three monthly statements for March, April and May confirming that my balance had been over 800k.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Why didn't you get an income affidavit from your embassy before they stopped issuing them..? End of December 2018....valid for 6 months, which means you could used it if filing a month early for your extension...which is allowed.
Most immigration offices only allow for one source of income from abroad...which actually makes sense.
Since you clearly not are complying with your immigration office's interpretation of the rules, may I suggest, that you use an agent this year...will cost you around 10.000 baht and will give you time to get your ducks in a row in time for your extension 2020.
Friend of mine did it....and he had only 1 or 2 months of transfers from the US.....and surprise, surprise he got his extension with a smile...didn't even have to queue like other mortals.....They like their bribes here... :thumb:
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Thanks. I was not here in December. Can you kindly refer this agent with a name and contact info. You can PM me if it is not public. Thanks in advance.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

SunandFun wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:27 pm Thanks. I was not here in December. Can you kindly refer this agent with a name and contact info. You can PM me if it is not public. Thanks in advance.
Since agents (often married to immigration officers) only are connected to one office, it is really no idea with the contact details, since you belong to an office in a different province.
I know the "lawyer" outside Makro provides some kind of visa services...check if they can help you.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

SunandFun.
If you go back to the US on a frequent basis, why not get a OA-visa from the Thai Embassy in the states?
It will give you are 2 year stay (will have to do a border run after the 1st year) and more importantly: You will have no contact with with Thai immigration and their never ending stupid requirements....which differs from office to office.
A new OA can be applied for even if your present one has not expired (you simply leave Thailand without a reentry permit, which will automatically kill your present extension)....So you don't have to plan your travels to the US to time it with your present extension. Makes sense?
A little paperwork back home, but no more immigration nonsense here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

T.O.M. wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:53 pm SunandFun.
If you go back to the US on a frequent basis, why not get a OA-visa from the Thai Embassy in the states?
It will give you are 2 year stay (will have to do a border run after the 1st year) and more importantly: You will have no contact with with Thai immigration and their never ending stupid requirements....which differs from office to office.
A new OA can be applied for even if your present one has not expired (you simply leave Thailand without a reentry permit, which will automatically kill your present extension)....So you don't have to plan your travels to the US to time it with your present extension. Makes sense?
A little paperwork back home, but no more immigration nonsense here.
I had heard (Yes, no facts just hearsay) that the US embassy is no longer issuing the O-A's. I'll get my son to call the LA one and see if he can find out. When I lived in California they were a pretty decent bunch.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

^^
Just read about a guy, who had an O-A issued by DC five days ago.
So I presume, that LA will provide it as well....