Renewing a UK passport in Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Renewing a UK passport in Thailand

Post by HHTel »

I've had this problem before. I'm with Bangkok Bank and their cards (I think all Thai bank cards) are red flagged. I've had to use a UK card in the past. I've helped others who have only got Thai bank cards.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I remember having had to help 2 friends similarly with my UK credit card.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
fellwalker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by fellwalker »

Did mine with Krungsri 3 weeks ago.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I used an agent and was advised not to use a UK card because the bank would want to call to verify the transaction. Used a K-Bank Visa debit card which worked (passport still not back after 7 weeks though so prepare for a long wait).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

fellwalker wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 pm I am to visit, VFS (Thailand) Ltd.
The Shoppes at Belle Grand Rama 9,
131/1,141/1, Unit BS003 – BS003/1,
1st Floor, Rama 9,
Huay Kwang,
Bangkok

To get a new UK passport. Any ideas as to car parking.
Maybe park in near by multi story and get a taxi.
Or better on site.

Regards
Can't speak from personal experience but as I recall, the announcement for the new location claimed that there's better parking availability on site at their new location than there was at the old one. I had no problem before, parking at Trendy building.

Unfortunately I can't find that announcement any more, it seems to have disappeared from their website.
fellwalker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by fellwalker »

There is an underground car park with two entrance's devoted to condo owners and one to mall visitors. The two are on the South.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Finally got the new passport back after almost two months - no idea what the delay was for.

Used Hua Hin Visa Services on soi 94. Planned to use Anna but in a very typically Thai way, there are two identical businesses next to each other so I went in the wrong office!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson