Thai friend to travel with me to US

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
JAFO

Re: Thai friend to travel with me to US

Post by JAFO »

WOW....So my friend went to US Embassy in BKK on Feb1, her Visa was approved at 3pm, paid for the envelop to mail it back to her. She got the Passport today.

Coupled with that, She requested a 3 month B1/B2 Tourist Visa and got a 10 year. It is expires on Jan 2022.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Congratulations to your friend JAFO. I would have bet money against her getting a visa based on personal experience, but as I said that was a long time ago. Maybe things have loosened up a bit, but I would have thought that with the current hubbub about illegals in the U.S. it would be even more difficult... or maybe it just depends on which embassy immigration agent processes the application.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JAFO

Post by JAFO »

HH,
Thanks again. I think there are a host of variables that will affect the outcome. It is so hard.

The best advice I can offer is fill out the form, follow the process, keep it simple and during the interview make sure everything you say is aligned with your application. My friend did say that it appeared that people that brought folders and stacks of paperwork got rejected quickly. Not sure why and not sure what Visa they were applying for. My thought is the info must have contradicted what was on the application form and then the interview was again different info.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

And always be true.
I swear that Embassies can sniff out a "bad one" from a million miles away.
JAFO

Post by JAFO »

lomuamart wrote:And always be true.
I swear that Embassies can sniff out a "bad one" from a million miles away.
Absolutely. I believe that to be paramount. I think when you show up with all the smoke and mirrors you stand out right away. Its almost like you are over justifying your trip, especially for a tourist visa.

Again not an expert just reporting back what I did and what my friend reported back that she witnessed.

Its funny, I was told she needed to fill out a DS-157 form and then I was suppose to fill out an invitation form, bring letters of our friendship. That she had to have a trip booked with a flight itinerary and hotel confirmations etc. We did none of that. Why would I want to invite her and why would anyone in their right mind book and pay for a trip that they had not even received a Visa approval for, same goes for hotel accommodations.