Visa for the UK

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Visa for the UK

Post by lomuamart »

My wife's applying for a Family Visit Visa to the UK. We've both been through the process before and this time it's proving fairly painless except for one thing that has thrown me.
The online application form/guidance notes stipulate that all supporting documents need to be in English. If they are not, a certified translation needs to be made.
All our docs will be in English except the marriage certificate (the flowery thing they give at the Amphur Office).
Does anyone who's been through this process recently know whether we need to get the marriage certificate translated? Last time round it wasn't necessary but that was 7 years ago.
Thanks for any information.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Visa for the UK

Post by Dannie Boy »

lomuamart wrote:My wife's applying for a Family Visit Visa to the UK. We've both been through the process before and this time it's proving fairly painless except for one thing that has thrown me.
The online application form/guidance notes stipulate that all supporting documents need to be in English. If they are not, a certified translation needs to be made.
All our docs will be in English except the marriage certificate (the flowery thing they give at the Amphur Office).
Does anyone who's been through this process recently know whether we need to get the marriage certificate translated? Last time round it wasn't necessary but that was 7 years ago.
Thanks for any information.
We certainly had ours translated although to be honest that was originally to get my wife a visa for the UAE where I was working at the time and then we used this for the visa application to go to the UK. We also had everything attested at the British Embassy in BKK so it was plain sailing for the UK visa. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If I wasn't sure, I'd get it done anyway for peace of mind. It won't cost a lot, and a refusal could scupper your plans.

The alternative is to send an e-mail to the Embassy/visa dept. I've always found them helpful, with a fast turnaround. I've included my correspondence with the Embassy in my documentation pack - it makes it difficult for them to argue otherwise.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

I've went through this to get a Schengen visa - Had to go to the foreign office place at Wattana BK, get the wedding certificate translated and notarized, then off to the UK embassy to get them to notarize the bloody thing also.