Single entry visa clarification.

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lagojardin

Single entry visa clarification.

Post by lagojardin »

I've always renewed my retirement visa using the multi entry option (3900 baht) - This year I opted for the single entry option. I need to leave the country for a short time. Could anyone please clarify the rule, does my single entry visa allow me one free entry/exit or do I have to pay the 1000 baht?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Single entry visa clarification.

Post by dtaai-maai »

You haven't renewed your visa - that's what you used to enter Thailand and it expired ages ago - you've renewed your extension (the extension of your original leave to enter).

Because you no longer have a visa, you need a re-entry permit if you want to leave the country and return on the same conditions as before.

The fee for the extension is 1900 baht, plus another 2000 baht for a multiple re-entry permit or (presumably) 1000 baht for a single re-entry permit.

Assuming you have a single-entry re-entry permit in your ppt, you don't have to pay anything else (unless you decide to travel again later).
This is the way
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

By the look of the visa price (3,900 THB), the OP may have had a multi-entry O or OA visa and not an extension. Can you clarify that, OP? It's rather important with regard to your exit from the country.
If you now only have a single entry O or OA visa, then you need a re-entry permit before you exit to keep your permitted to stay alive. Costs are 1,000 THB for single re-entry or 3,800 for multiple.
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

Thanks guys - I thought that was the case, someone threw me yesterday by saying I was allowed one free exit/entry without it affecting my retirement visa.