Translation Services and Validity of Certified Documents

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Translation Services and Validity of Certified Documents

Post by dalmatiandave »

I have just recently organised a Thai passport for my daughter, this should arrive this week as authorised by Thai Consular Affairs Office in Chaeng Wattana Bangkok last week.

Next step is to get her a UK passport. I know about all the documents I need, I am not married to the mother but understand that my 4 months old daughter will be able to have a UK passport (since rules changed 2006).

I have two questions:

1: Is this address below still valid for translation services (taken from another thread from 2013/14), any other office addresses offering similar services would be appreciated.

Almost across road from Sirada- The Language Centre.
Lawyer is Kunnawut Law Office, 114/25 Petkasem Road. About opposite Soi 63/1` and Family Mart.

I did note that Sirada was shown as offering translation services as well.

2. I have quite a few certified translations already such as girlfriends name change and birth certificate but these were required for a UK visa application for her in 2011 and 2012. These are in perfect condition and still valid (i.e no changes). Does anybody know if I am expected to get new 2015 translations actioned although no changes to the documents are needed or will the original translated documents suffice. As it is quite expensive to get translations I don't really want to get new translations if the old (unchanged) ones are still valid.

Any observations, info appreciated.
buksida

Re: Translation Services and Validity of Certified Documents

Post by buksida »

I know that translations from Sirada are accepted by the British embassy for passports, used them to translate the blue book showing proof of address for our son's passport.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Thanks for that. I will pop there tomorrow to check that costs etc.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

For info, The Learning Centre are unable to offer translation services for at least a month according to lady at their office today.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Misinformation by staff you saw.
It is correct that Sinsook Chirachant (Jeab), the certified translator, will be absent from the office for several weeks but she is still doing translation and certifying.
If for simple translation such as birth certificate, marriage, house book, etc., then we will make a photocopy of the documents and have translated. If contracts and the like, then try and give to Sirada as a MS Word document.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

bapak wrote:Misinformation by staff you saw.
It is correct that Sinsook Chirachant (Jeab), the certified translator, will be absent from the office for several weeks but she is still doing translation and certifying.
If for simple translation such as birth certificate, marriage, house book, etc., then we will make a photocopy of the documents and have translated. If contracts and the like, then try and give to Sirada as a MS Word document.
Thanks for info but have now used another company.

I also tried Thai Legal whose reception staff were not overly helpful but did quote 550 baht for birth certificate and 450 baht for name change doc. After other basic questions I was told manager needs to be the one I talk to, of course he was not available with reception not offering concrete knowledge of when he would be back.

I had also been quoted 700 baht a page translation by one company, Insight.......

My costs are 500 baht a document and was kindly told how long it would take by an available staff member who knew all the answers to questions I gave, even with a smile.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

For Sirada - The Learning Centre prices for translation of most documents, go to: http://learningcentre.co.th/translations.php