Applying for non-O Retirement in Kuala Lumpur

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Applying for non-O Retirement in Kuala Lumpur

Post by Roel »

Anyone personal experience with a recent application for a non-O visa based on retirement in Kuala Lumpur.
First I planned to go to Penang because I like the place and the convenience of dropping your passport with one of the agents and get it back the next day hassle free.
But I contacted both Banana and Jim's and both do not reply to emails. Well to be honest Jim did but he completely ignored my question.

On second thought I am planning to fly to KL.
Two questions:
I assume that the time schedule apply in the morning pick up your passport in the afternoon next day still applies.
Can someone confirm?
Here under is the list from the KL Thai embassy website.
People tell me that for a single entry Visa they will not ask for any of the documents 3, 4 and 5 as they are to be delivered later when applying for the 1-year extension. Can someone confirm this?

The official list:
1. Original passport valid not less than 6 months with a copy of information page(s)
2. Visa application form duly filled out with one 4x6 cm. sized photograph (white / blue background taken within the past 6 months)
3. Bank Statement with a minimum deposit of 800,000 Bath or Income Certificate with a minimum monthly income of 65,000 Bath
4. Medical Certificate issued from the country where the application id submitted showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E.2535 and shall be valid not more than 3 months
5. Criminal Report verifying that the applicant has no criminal record, issued by competent Authority valid for not more than 3 months and notarized by notary organs or application’s diplomatic/consular mission
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.