PERMITTED TO STAY STAMP DATE

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

PERMITTED TO STAY STAMP DATE

Post by ric »

Hello All,
I'm gathering my documents to prepare to apply for a renewal of my non-immigrant O-A visa. The date on my permitted to stay stamp in my passport is April 28th. If I show up to Thai Immigration a few days early, like April 26th and they grant me a one year extension, will it be from that day it's granted (Apr 26th) or the date in my passport of April 28th?
Thank you.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: PERMITTED TO STAY STAMP DATE

Post by Nereus »

ric wrote:Hello All,
I'm gathering my documents to prepare to apply for a renewal of my non-immigrant O-A visa. The date on my permitted to stay stamp in my passport is April 28th. If I show up to Thai Immigration a few days early, like April 26th and they grant me a one year extension, will it be from that day it's granted (Apr 26th) or the date in my passport of April 28th?
Thank you.
It will be from the permitted to stay date, the 28th of April. BUT, do not leave it until the 26th to apply. You can apply up to 30 days before the due date without penalty. In fact, immigration prefer that you do so because you then have sufficient time to sort out any problems or overlooked requirements.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Re: PERMITTED TO STAY STAMP DATE

Post by ric »

Thank you for your info Nereus .