Advice n 90 day report in Bangkok

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
caller
Hero
Hero

Advice n 90 day report in Bangkok

Post by caller »

Hopefully someone here can help?

I normally complete my 90 day report in Korat, as that's where I've been living. But I'm currently now mainly staying in Bkk, although still have the Korat address (it's complicated).

I'm actually due to report today, whilst being certain in my head it was the 24th (a lot has been going on up there!).

So, clearly too late to submit on-line and an option is to drive up to Korat in the morning. But alternatively, can I report in Bangkok? And if I can, is there anything over and above the standard TM47 that I am required to report? I guess they will ask what I am doing in Bangkok and I guess I can say I have two addresses!

Thanks for any help.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Re: Advice n 90 day report in Bangkok

Post by Big Boy »

i don't know the answer, but shouldn't your partner have submitted the TM30 if you're at your alternative address? I've no idea what the fine is for failing to do so, but I've heard its a lot.

[Edit] Just be careful.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

You could go to Chaeng Wattana and try. If they say no, you still have 7 days grace to get to Korat.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hmm, food for thought there - think I'll drive to Korat in the morning. Bliss
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

My address is Hua Hin, and that is where I normally report. But I also stay in Bangkok and have reported there 2 or 3 times without question. Chaeng Wattana have a big room with 6 or 7 desks just for 90 day reports. The form TM 47 reads: "I have now been staying in Thailand for 90 days and my PRESENT address is:" Just tell them you are on a visit to Bangkok and staying at a friends house. If you do not have any friends invent one!

If you have not been to Chaeng Wattana before it can be a bit hard to find. The actual entrance off Chaeng Wattana Road is well sign posted. (Government Complex) Drive all the way to the rear of the complex and the entrance is up at the top of a long ramp. Park down the bottom and walk up, unless you are disabled. There are good facilities and eating places in the bottom of the huge building.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks for that Nereus, I'll look into that and useful info to be stored. But a trip to Korat might be quicker - lol! And as it happens, there is some stuff I need to bring down from there. So I think I'll just hit the road tomorrow and stay over if running late.
Talk is cheap