Extending Immigration B

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Jofawa
Rookie
Rookie

Extending Immigration B

Post by Jofawa »

Hello,

I have some question but first let me tell you the facts.

Visa: Immigration B (90 days) expires on the 1 of October
Workpermit: Yes I have the blue book (expires in 6 months) but I quit my work last week since the owner refused to pay me the salary we had agreed on.

So my question is, what is the procedure to extend my immigration B ? Is it possible to extend it since I have a work permit (but no work) or do they check again with my employeer ?

Any ideas are appriciated since I really don't want to go back to Sweden and start all over again once I find a work here in Thailand.

Best regards

Johan
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Extending Immigration B

Post by barrys »

The law on this is pretty clear. If either one (work permit or no-imm B visa) expires, the other one is automatically invalidated. If you stop working for the employer named in the work permit, you must surrender the work permit immediately.
Jofawa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jofawa »

Oh sorry I forgot to tell you that I actually work my last day on the 15th of september. Would it be possible to extend my immigration B before that and then hand in my workpermit?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

This all depends on what basis you will apply to extend your stay. If it's retirement, you need to have the financial aspect sorted when you apply. You also need to apply before your current stay expires. Forget about the work permit (the blue book), as that will be irrelevant after 15/9. Give it to your employer and tell him to return it to the D of E.

If I remember correctly, you are required to leave the country within 7 days (of 15/9) unless you have some other grounds for an extension (another job, retirement, marriage, etc.). You only have 10 days, so you may have to leave the country and start again. I suggest going to Immigration and asking.
This is the way
Jofawa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jofawa »

Thank you kindly!