Certificate of Life

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Certificate of Life

Post by HarryVardon »

My pension company needs to receive a "certificate of Life" every year. This form needs to be signed and stamped by a notary public, a consulate, the Thai local authority or a doctor. Last year I went to San Paulo hospital to have this signed. It cost me 1,500 Baht. Does anyone know if this can be done cheaper than that?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Certificate of Life

Post by HHTel »

If it's for a UK pension, you'll not get one every year. I've recently sent off only my second in more than 5 years. Any notary will do for 1,000 or less.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

The lawyers next to Makro charged me 500bht for the UK pension- I told them it did not need to be notarised.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

It's for a Dutch pension. It has to be done every year. All it needs is a signature and a company or government stamp. Where are the lawyers next to Macro situated?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Go and see Matt at the following. He is Dutch and if he cannot do it then there is a notary public right next to his office.

AA Insurance
Wong Chomsin Building, Office 504
83/14 Phetkasem Road
Hua Hin, Prachuab Khiri Khan 77110

Office Hours: Mo/Fr 10.00 am-17.00 pm

Phone: +66 (0) 32 532 783
Matt: +66 (0) 810 067 008
Andre: +66 (0) 894 100 163
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
kratiem
Novice
Novice

Post by kratiem »

It's for a Dutch pension Ik neem aan dat je een Nederlander bent?Woon zelf in Chiang Rai en laat het document invullen,ondertekenen met stempel bij de Ampur(stadhuis).Kosten nihil.Doet dit al verschillende jaren.Ze maken een file aan en ieder jaar wordt deze file uitgeprint.Andere uitgifte datum en na 5 minuten sta ik weer buiten.Weet uit ervaring dezelfde procedure in Chiang Mai zo waarom ook niet in Hua Hin?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've signed these life certificates for a couple of people (different nationality to me) since I've lived here - there's never been a problem i.e. the people are still receiving their pensions.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

we usually go to the town hall (tetsabaan) in Cha Am and its free
a friend of mine who lives in Hua Hin goes to the police station and I think she pays about 200 bahts
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by surferdave »

I took mine to the bank this week , no charge,
Make sure you get an official stamp.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Thanks everyone for the input. A bank it seems is not acceptable for a Dutch insurance company. Anyway I went to the Municipality in Hua Hin. They told me that they don't do it and that I would have to go to Immigration. I went to Immigration and they told me that they do not do it and that I would have to go to the Police Station. I went to the Police Station, they were very efficient and signed within a few minutes. They charged me 300 Baht.