International Money Transfers from Barclays (UK) to Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

International Money Transfers from Barclays (UK) to Thailand

Post by lomuamart »

Just a heads up.
I've been transferring from my account in England to Thailand every month for a good few years now using internet banking.
Until this morning when it just wouldn't work. Tried three times and then had to rush out for golf.
Tried again a number of hours later hoping it was just a problem at Barclays' end. Again, no luck.
I always got through the "Identify" stage, put money details in etc but the computer wouldn't give me an 8 digit challenge code to enter on the card reader. That space was just blank on the computer screen.
So, called the help line and after going through all the security stuff I was asked what browser I was using. Answer, Firefox and also have Explorer but never use that.
So, that was the problem. I have to use Google Chrome. Did so, the challenge code was there and everything was as smooth as always.
If anyone's experiencing the same difficulty, just use Google Chrome.
It was good of Barclays to inform me of this change - not. The change has happened over this month as last month the transfer was fine using Firefox.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: International Money Transfers from Barclays (UK) to Thailand

Post by Khundon1975 »

^^ The wife had exactly the same problem with Barclays 5 days ago!
They told her to use Chrome which I loaded onto her laptop and like you, it worked fine.
Never got an explanation from the bank why neither FF or Explorer works for money transfers now!
:banghead:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.